Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bosch 300 HP Injectors install thoughts/problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bosch 300 HP Injectors install thoughts/problems

Tuesday I ordered some 300 HP injectors off of ebay...and got em' today! So I decided to install them today...never done it before...but it was easy...took about 1-1.5 hours. Well then of course I wanted to test out these new injectors...so I started her up
(lots of white smoke at first...and I mean a lot!!)
but it all cleared out and she ran well...I went driving down the road...and my hypertech was on stage 3. She belched out some black smoke....a little bit than before...and she was noticibly faster....but it was just noticable. Not as much as I expected. I drove her around and the clutch did slip a little around 1700-1800 rpms. I stopped in a parking lot...reprogrammed her to stock and tested her out then. She was definately faster with these injectors in stock mode...and it was a lot more noticable. I would say it was as fast as about stage 2 on the hypertech. So I drove her home to check for any fuel or oil leaks. All seemed well until I check the oil. It was at the FULL level...and I normally keep right in the middle between FILL and FULL. So I knew she had to be leaking fuel into the oil through the head. NOT GOOD!!

So a few hours later after I reprogrammed her back to stage 3, I took the valve cover off and took off all of the injectors hold down clamps and then reinstalled them all. To see if I could get the injectors to reseat in the head and to get those tubes to reseat in the injectors....then I put everything back together and took a 20 mile drive. It seems to have a little more power now a lot more black smoke and my clutch definately does slip, in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th! before the readjustment it just slipped in 6th...and barely. So I must have made it better...if not fixed it. Well I just checked the oil and it is just slightly lower than it was before the 20 mile drive. So I guess I fixed the leak. Anyone else have these problems? Overall I am satisfied with these injectors..but I have just had them for a few hours...so my opinion my change!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to sound daft ... did you change the oil since the fuel leak?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Yeah. You definately need to change your oil if you got fuel in it. I enjoyed my 275's. With a comp and new turbo I put down 371hp with them and knocked down 20mpg.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by piperca
Not to sound daft ... did you change the oil since the fuel leak?
doin' that today
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 AM

I've got the same injectors and was quite shocked that they would put out such a cloud of smoke. I guess I wasn't expecting the smoke, just the power. One thing I'm dealing with though is a stumble at idle which I think I have narrowed down to the injectors. Just got to get around to checking the install now.