Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

boost control by turboxs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost control by turboxs

Hello all. This weekend I installed a new Turboxs boost controller on my dad 's Grand National and was so pleased with the outcome that I purchased one for my Cummins. My old boost method was to bypass the waste gate via a valve I installed in the cab so I could "adjust" the boost from almost stock boost to nearly 38 psi, but I noticed that around 30 psi my exhaust quit smoking and my egts sky rocketed. I installed the boost controler to open at 30 psi and now the power feels the same but I can stay wot way longer without blasting the egts> From my previous training from Freight Liner and general knowledge of diesels and turbos, I know that when the exhaust stops smoking the boost has gone high enough to do any good. Plus my turbo is stock and at 30 psi it starts to constrict the exhaust flow. So to crack open the waste gate at the right time has proven to be a major benifit. Sorry for the long post but i just thought I would share my new findings.

JIM