Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The BOMBing has begun!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BOMBing has begun!!!

Nothing to wild but wanted to give my reviews. I installed a lift on my truck last weekend & am real happy with the results.

I bought the lift from Top Gun Customz, they have a web site & I think are out of Tennesee? It is advertised as a 3" for 2500/3500. It actually is comprised of 5" springs & 3" kit for a 1/2 ton. They said with the extra weight of the CTD it will be around 3" & were right as mine is just a tad above. Rear is just a 2" add a leave. Fairly straight forward but was alot of work.
One of the other pluses besides looking much better is the ride actually improved! I highly recommend the lift & was a steal at just over $700 delivered. I have 35x12.5-16 Nitto Mud Grapplers on it & there is PLENTY of clearence with the minimum F fender trimming I already had. I don't know how to get the pic in this thread but you can see the pics in my gallery.

The other thing that I am equally excited about is I purchased a Smarty from DTR. Ordered on a Fri, here Mon afternoon for free! I only have it on #4(for now) & it makes an unbelievable difference! I cannot compare to other controllers but I would HIGHLY recommend this one as members here had done for me. I knew I needed a clutch replacement(rear main leak I believe) because it would slip on occasion. Mostly in 5th at a slower speed then rolling into the throttle. Now it will break COMPLETELY loose in third, forth or fifth! I have a SBC 13" OFE in my possesion now & will have a shop install this Tues. I'll let you know how that turns out & how great it will be to get all that extra power to the ground.

Really looking forward to hooking on to my 26' box to see how it will do. I know not 500hp/1000 lf-ft combo but I am excited about it. I think a TST 3, injecters, exhaust & intake & I'll shut down(I hope!). THX again to the members of this site for helping.