Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Blue Chip Cover Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Chip Cover Install Question

I'm trying to install this Blue Chip Pump Cover in between rains here today but not understanding a portion of the directions provided. The following is quoted from a portion of the directions for hooking up the wireing.
"Locate the blackwire w/a brown tracer and fasten the black wire from the red/black pigtail to this wire with scotch lock provided. Reconect the plug to the pump."

1. I found the black/brown wire, but what red/black pigtail are they talking about?

2. The whole reason I went with this cover was to get rid of the scotch lock and now they are telling me to use it again?

3. What connects to the screw that peirces the wire under the cover?

In the end I just need to know what connects to the black/brown wire, and where do I hook the gray and black wires coming from my Comp box.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:23 AM

You dont need to locate those other wires...thats if you are using a blue chip fueling box.Just hook the grey wire to the screw that screws into the circuit board and that sucker is tapped.I would use a test light to make sure you have power to the screw on the cover before hooking up the grey wire just to be sure.Thats it!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned

I was hoping it was that simple. I knew there wasn't gonna be any scotch lock stuff on here. By the way does the black wire from the Comp hook to any thing or is it just a ground. Had this Comp in for a few years and don't remember what all the wires were for.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Banned

The gray wire on the comp goes to the injection pump and the black wire goes to the ground. If I'm correct you don't use the ground wire on the pump cover.