Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Big Line Kits From Fuel Filter To Inj Pump???

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Big Line Kits From Fuel Filter To Inj Pump???

Are they really worth it on a stock truck with minor minor mods? I don't want to do any thing real drastic as i still have a warranty on the truck but wanting to increase my fuel pressures a little tiny bit and was thinking that this would help and not void my warranty to bad as i could tell them it the metal line started leaking or something

Thanks Jason,
Gaily bedight, A gallant knight, In sunshine and in shadow Had journeyed long, Singing a song, In search of Eldorado But he grew old— This knight so bold— And o’er his heart a shadow Fell as he found No spot of ground That looked like Eldorado And, as his strength Failed him at length, He met a pilgrim shadow—“Shadow,” said he, “Where can it be— This land of Eldorado?” “Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride,” The shade replied, “If you seek for Eldorado!”
Old 10-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They certainly help supply more fuel.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it is a great upgrade. Probably the best 100.00 for preventative maintenance besides gauges.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Would I see any gain in fuel pressure or would I get the same pressures but with a better amount of fuel to follow surely if you got more fuel its got to have more psi?

Thanks Jason.
Gaily bedight, A gallant knight, In sunshine and in shadow Had journeyed long, Singing a song, In search of Eldorado But he grew old— This knight so bold— And o’er his heart a shadow Fell as he found No spot of ground That looked like Eldorado And, as his strength Failed him at length, He met a pilgrim shadow—“Shadow,” said he, “Where can it be— This land of Eldorado?” “Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride,” The shade replied, “If you seek for Eldorado!”
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM

Check out my web page about the Vulcan Big Line Kit I installed on my truck....

http://www.frontiernet.net/~mopar197...n_big_line.htm
Old 10-02-2006, 09:35 PM

Arrow

I have documented my Scotty fuel line kit install on RV.net, complete with pictures. Link below. Would undoubtedly be good reading for you - check it out.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...pging/1/page/1
Old 10-02-2006, 09:40 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Ya I like the idea of the relo kit but for now i have to-many miles left on my 100k warranty Eric at Vulcan has a kit that just replaces the line from the ff to the inj pump thats what I was wonder what i would see as far as gains or was it better to just wait tell i run out of warranty

Thanks Jason.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:09 PM

get the whole kit. They will not void your warranty. Besides, if they do decide to be buttheads, they have to prove that the bigline fuel kit caused the problem.
The kit will alleviate the possible problem.
You might see an increase in pressure, but the added benefit is flow.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Ey Marine how hard is the relo kit to install in all retro spec? and what do you do with the factory line pinch it off or just leave it there? is it as straight forward as it looks?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 PM

Vulcan relocation is pretty simple. If I can do it anybody can

I cut the factory line coming off the tank then ran the upgraded lines all the way to the vp44. Vulcan now offers a draw straw so everything can be upgraded from the tank to the vp44
Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 PM

Ph@tty's right. VERY simple to do.
In fact, the new bigline kit is easier because he was the 90 deg fittings to the VP with the schrader valve. I have the old kit with the barbed fittings.
The old line supply line comes off the truck and it is replaced with the big line.
I took my FF canister off the engine to put the new fittings on, because it is easier to work on. I also put my pressure sensor so it was supplied from the bottom of the FF canister.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:09 AM

I note for future reference....

Make sure there is less than 1/2 of fuel before cutting the fuel line!

I had close to a full tank of fuel and it sure turned into a diesel bath under my truck! I fought to find something to cap off the end... So I took the new line and stuck it on long and coiled it up over the tank to keep it from leaking...

But as the others have said it's easy to do... Just about 2 hours from start to end...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 AM

If you look at my gallery, I have a pic of the valve I installed between the tank and the pump.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:16 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

So I dont have to drop the tank thank god but i just cut the line commin from the tank thats goin to the inlet of the lift pump and slip the hose over and assumin thats what the hose clamp is for then i put the fittings on the newly relo pump then take the out let lines to the inj pump. do i replace both bango botls on the inj what if i left the one with the schrader so i dont have to disconct my fuel pressure gauge?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 PM

You take off the line from the tank to the FF canister, and the FF canister to the VP.
Make sure you cut the line as close to the tank as you can, if you aren't getting the draw straw. Slip the rubber line over the line you cut and tighten with a clamp.
you might want to get a mini tube cutter to cut that alum line.
run it ti the FF canister, out the canister. He gives you all new fittings.
His instructions are very good.

ps- the new VP fitting has a schrader valve for your FP gauge.

Quick Reply: Big Line Kits From Fuel Filter To Inj Pump???