Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

big hp in dallas area.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ...

Who is Russel Walker? 729 RWHP is very impressive from a 2001!
--I used to work for his brother here in San Antonio...he used to have a single B-1,super mentals,and drag box with suncoast tranny and RAD box...the stock input shafts/output shafts lasted quite a while at 500+ HP on the track and he dogged the hell out of that truck on the street constantly.It has almost 150,000 miles on it.He then asked me where to find the biggest baddest injectors..so i gave Don a call.He then put together his water kit..truck ran great and is still running that same headgasket he claims it sealed back up.He runs down here on the local cruising/race night against all the big cars...too bad the relationship between their company and myself didn't work out any better...IMO unlimited money from daddy must be nice.

Merrick: That leather jacket looks cool man, you look like Laredo Mafia or something

Don: I wished i coulda joined ya'll that night , but i usually work saturday nights and it's tough to get out of town anymore over the weekend
Old 06-05-2004, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by Jim Fulmer
Quad, I like that new verses old idea too! Some of the guys were talking about the dyno day in the fall were you guys went last year, I'd like to do one again I just have to schedule it at work......work always comes first in my world.

I like watching what your doing with those maxes, if you did that to a Dodge with it's little single turbo it would spit the compressor through the hood.....truth hurts sometimes.

Later, Jim
I am not sure how it has not spit the stock turbo out yet? WE have run over 60psi through it on stock headgaskets (not a stock turbo) and they seem to be bullet proof? We have the motor out finishing the fitment of the new turbo kit and we were going to do the block and heads, but I am scared to break the heads loose....maybe they are welded?

I wished we had enough fuel supply to run #2 only and make 800hp but that is not going to happen. Oh well being a doper is not big deal!

We went to the strip the other night but had major issues with fuel and only went 8.1 but we ran 90mph! That is with a 1.96 60'. That is slower than we used to run, but the potential looks amazing!

You guys should come race with us on the 26th with the Pro Mods at Redline!

I will post some detail in the events forum!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:23 PM

Keep working at it like your doing! Drugs or not your making big power with a single, doesn't matter if it's stock, and my power is not all #2, there is water/meth envolved, if I could make 800 on fuel only then that might be something.

If the races are close to Dallas (don't know redline) It might be worth a trip just to get out of town and watch......what about Denton's track, that's 2 hours from me.

Jim
Old 06-06-2004, 12:36 PM

Redline is around Royce City. It is further for me than Denton, but the Outlawdra.com guys want to mix the tracks up and I think it is a good idea. The 26th is when the Pro Mods are running so there will be a decent crowd as well.

You can go to the website at www.redlineraceway.com

There will be cash and prizes. I think we have about 20 trucks so far.

You Dodge guys need to make a better showing!
Old 06-06-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by qzilla
I am not sure how it has not spit the stock turbo out yet? WE have run over 60psi through it on stock headgaskets (not a stock turbo) and they seem to be bullet proof?
An 8-cylinder engine is easier on the charger than a 6-cylinder is. Think of the nature of the exhaust pulses hitting the turbine. With a 6-cyl, you're having larger, higher-stress pulses occur less frequently, while an 8-cyl give you less intense pulses that occur more frequently.

When the pulses are closer together, it acts more and more like it's constant flow and not pulsed. Plus, the lower intensity means that the turbine isn't being accelerated and decellerated (think small amounts here) hundreds of times per second. Remember that each pressure pulse is going to have a wave of lower pressure that follows it (like the vacuum that follows a sonic boom wave), so it's almost like a miniature "huff" to the turbine each time as the pressure it sees changes.

It's the difference between a higher frequency pulse of less intensity (like an M-16) versus a lower frequency of higher intensity (like a 40mm Bofors)

Justin
Old 06-07-2004, 12:12 AM

If someone else doesn't get A Dyno Day going for the Fall,

I will Step Up and Do one Again.

Yall know me, I like this stuff!

But I figured, One in the Spring and One is the Fall is good enuff
Old 06-07-2004, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by HOHN
An 8-cylinder engine is easier on the charger than a 6-cylinder is. Think of the nature of the exhaust pulses hitting the turbine. With a 6-cyl, you're having larger, higher-stress pulses occur less frequently, while an 8-cyl give you less intense pulses that occur more frequently.

When the pulses are closer together, it acts more and more like it's constant flow and not pulsed. Plus, the lower intensity means that the turbine isn't being accelerated and decellerated (think small amounts here) hundreds of times per second. Remember that each pressure pulse is going to have a wave of lower pressure that follows it (like the vacuum that follows a sonic boom wave), so it's almost like a miniature "huff" to the turbine each time as the pressure it sees changes.

It's the difference between a higher frequency pulse of less intensity (like an M-16) versus a lower frequency of higher intensity (like a 40mm Bofors)

Justin
I agree with you, but I do not think you understand how hard we were turning the stock charger. Drive pressure ratios in the 3:1 range

Not to mention it has been over 1800 degrees numerous times.

I am really impressed with how tough the stock charger was.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Banned

Yep. it's amazing how those crazy little BullyDog chips will crank up a D-max
Old 06-07-2004, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Cummnzpowr
Yep. it's amazing how those crazy little BullyDog chips will crank up a D-max

If you think that is impressive then you might think we are king~!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

All you guys do is change the programs that's already on the bullydog chips to meet what you like...i know your story... no big deal, power is power those with the biggest bottle of Nos wins right?
Old 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM

All you guys do is change the programs that's already on the bullydog chips to meet what you like...i know your story... no big deal, power is power those with the biggest bottle of Nos wins right?

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_p...518&PN=7&TPN=2

They dynoed ours versus Bullydig vs the PPE Excelerator.

The blue line is ours and the red and black lines are the others.

Now tell me who copies who. Or do you think that someone just gives us the big power programs? That would be super smart.

I'll run you on #2. Got Cash?

After all I just borrow and copy parts so it can't be anything special.

Don't bite off more than the little 6 can chew.

Quad
Old 06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Banned

the little 6 ....don't bite off more than your connecting rods can swallow..
I agree your programs run great...just calling it as i know it from a reliable info source, that's all
Old 06-07-2004, 07:06 PM

the little 6 ....don't bite off more than your connecting rods can swallow..
I agree your programs run great...just calling it as i know it from a reliable info source, that's all
Do not forget the stock gaskets.

Like I said bring cash.....#2 only. Should be easy with the mighty Cummins?

You might want to have your reliable source recheck his connections.

NEither myself or Bullydog make this tuner. We BOTH buy it from the SAME place. They are completely BLANK when we get them. They do there tuning, we do ours. They private label and let people use there programs, we do not.

Maybe that will clear it up.

Quad
Old 06-07-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yikes, Zilla! That's pretty crazy indeed. There's not a whole lot of Gm stuff I respect, but you have to give creidt where it's due. That's a tough charger for sure.

jlh
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Banned

Good Deal, as long as you spank a gasser and his eyes roll into his head when you smile and say it's a diesel, that's a good thing

Quick Reply: big hp in dallas area.