Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BHAF vs other products

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHAF vs other products

I am wanting to upppgrade from my stock airbox. I am leaning towards the bhaf but in the future I will need a better intake. I plan on injectors, turbo, and other upgrades. As you can see on my signature I don't have a lot done to it for now. Spo is the bhaf the best? I've done a lot opf research on it and I know the scotty or afe has cooler air but some say the bhaf flows cleaner air. Also some say you want a heatshield and others say forget it so what ya think? Also ive been looking on the site and cant figure out what the 3kgsk kits are and what they do so help on this would also be appreciated. all the opinions will help so chime in
Old 01-11-2005, 04:56 PM

FWIW I went with the BHAF because of the cleaner air and high volume.....Heat shield cant hurt so might as well do that too (I did)....
Andrew
Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM

Is there any place you can buy a ppre manufactured heat shield? How many metal working tools are needed to make one? All i have is normal hand tools. thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The ONLY one I would have on my truck is the Scotty with the new Uni filter. The BHAF has a problem with hot air in = hot air out. Even with the heat shield you still don't get the cool air you get from the Scotty unit, plus you get the benefit of the Uni foam filter.

You can have the Scotty CoOoOooOol air or you can have that hot stuff
Old 01-11-2005, 07:58 PM

The only problem i have withthe scotty is the price and the fact you have to re oil and those type of things. So anyone with a bhaf your opinions and experiences wpould be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 PM

those things= recharging

sorry
Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mitch@jc'sCTD
The only problem i have withthe scotty is the price and the fact you have to re oil and those type of things. So anyone with a bhaf your opinions and experiences wpould be appreciated.
The price of the Scotty didn't even factor in to my decision,
but the oiling and reoiling and cleaning and reoiling did.

For now I will use a nice disposable paper filter.
No worries about overoiling or underoiling and I know mine is filtering just right since I can't see a spec of dust in my intake tube.

40 bucks every 50K miles or so isn't bad at all (30K so far and still clean as a whistle with the outwears)

Once I get to the point in my BOMBs that EGT's become unbearable,
I'll have to rethink that decision and most likely go with the Scotty.

phox

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have known Scotty for a while back when we both were around Calgary.. The system is second to none for those on the ramp to high HP. It has a totally enclosed filter unit and draws good clean cool air.

I do have a BHAF (Scotty has already leaned on me for it ) but I have not really done alot in the modification department. My EGT's aren't crazy and I was turning the stock filter inside out. The BHAF is a better filter than the stocker just for the simple fact of getting rid of the gasket seal around a brick filter . They leak, nuf said. Also the huge increase in flow is nice.

I am earmarked for a ScottyII as soon as the clutch goes in.

J-eh
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 PM

So how thick of a piese of metal is okay for the heatsheild? Also what tolls are needed to fabrigate one?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM

hey can someone get me the link for the scotty 2 system?? how is the system setup?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM

i dont have a scotty 2 on my truck yet but it is on the list . with the re oiling thing me personally i will not use the uni air filter oil im going to use the same stuff i use on my dirt bike its PJ1 filter sray this stuff is so sticky . i started using on my dirt bike cause i got sand threw a uni filer once and after i started using this stuff i never had a problem. i also use this very same stuff on me k&n thats on my supercharged v10 truck so i feel good about using it on a truck that is forced induction.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mr T
hey can someone get me the link for the scotty 2 system?? how is the system setup?
For a quick photo and description, they are for sale in the Online Store.

Also you can visit Scotty's site

Scotty Air Systems
Old 01-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by fordsux8269
Post was removed by Admin
some pics in gallery might be nice....
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

the BHAF is cleaner... it's cheaper... and with a heat shield, it'll do well for EGT's.

now, you gotta consider that you have to replace the BHAF's... the re-usable filters are a one time deal.

Forrest
Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Pics will come when the truck gets back from the trans shop so hopefully tommorrow or the next day.

Quick Reply: BHAF vs other products