Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BHAF ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHAF ?'s

Talked to my brother in law yesterday and he has some big air filter that he bought at Napa and an outerware to put on it. He made it sound like this filter just clamps onto the rubber intake hose?? Does this mod sound right or is there something I missed in the conversation. Is it part of a kit from somewhere or just a good cheap mod that one of you folks came up with that works great? Anyone have the part numbers that I would need was going to go with an S&B but this sounds cool
Old 12-26-2006, 11:39 AM

I got one from somebody a couple yrs. ago , just clamped on , then at a dyno gathering , Duluth Diesel am Amsoil dealer , had the new filter from Amsoil , so I took a closer look at my old BHAF and it was gray under the Outerwears bag [ water getting through ] and on the inside , so I bought the filter from DD , could not afford to dyno before and after , but I think that it is a far better air filter , and it cost the some , your price may very .
Old 12-26-2006, 12:03 PM

Do you remember the price? I was a little leary of the whole set-up for the exact reason seems like underhood water would get in the filter pretty easily on some of the filters i have seen that are just out in the open. Probably a different story if it was going to be changed all the time in a racing situation etc etc but i am looking for good breathing and little maintence over the long haul.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 12:39 PM

Got a 42790 from napa,regular price was like $70 but I got it at the bi-annual filter sale,around $35 bucks,so I bought a couple.
In my opinion it is better than those $250 kits (AFE,ect.)
I'm sure that someone else knows where you can get them that cheap all the time,there is allso a template for the Heatsheild online somewhere...if you can't find it let me know..(Not needed)
(insert non professional disclamer here)
Old 12-26-2006, 12:57 PM

I paid $50 from a member for the BHAF & Outerwears bag , but I'm suggesting that if you can get ahold of a Amsoil Dealer , that for the same price , wholesale or a little more maybe $75 , you have a better filter , I used the plasitic cardboard , and make your own box , I found the plasitic cardboard the some blue color as the filter .
A lot of the stuff that is avalable to put in our trucks , the guys making/selling have put a lot of work into , but if your handi at all , the filter/boxes are way to expensive , $300-500 , I admit that if I made them for resale they would have to look & perform & cost about the same , but being able to build , and $$$ are limited , that making my own box , is the best choise for me .
Old 12-26-2006, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed! The new Amsoil Micro Fiber dry filters are excellent...and not expensive. Made by Donaldson. I tested one against the AFE Pro Guard 7 filter (widely considered the best on the market) that came with my twins. No reduction in flow and a lot easier to clean than the oiled filters. Also NO DEBRIS of any kind getting through....at 65 psi boost!

Worth considering!

RJ