Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BHAF Heatshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by masonic-dodge
I got several PM's last night, thats when I posted that I wanted a OK from you or jack before I went any farther and I have not. There seems to be a need for something like this HS. I have PM'ed jack 2-weeks ago about this for the store, I even offered to donate some for the store to sell to help offset the cost of computer upgrades. The reason I PM'ed jack was because I saw his name with the store, maybe I should have talked to you.

CRIS
Hi Cris, Yes sir I am the one to contact on this stuff. I will send you a PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come on guys, it's not that hard to make one or get one made...

print it out and go to your local "little" machine shop and get them to make you one...

Just don't come to my shop, they will laugh at you and tell you to make it yourself...something like that isn't worth there time, we have a couple hundred dollar minimum to even look at a print....

willysrule- you come on now, you just said any one will make one for you and then you said just we would laugh at you thats smart!!!!

That might be what the members are dealing with in their towns. As for making it themselfs would you cut 1/4" aluminum or maybe .063 stainless by hand
( I THINK NOT ) thats why you have a water-jet right? And what about a brake to bend the metal, any comments on that.

Now that that is said JACK has PM'ed me and
given me the "OK" to put them in the classified.

DATE + COST ? that will come with time.

DTR is now the "BOMB" CRIS here to help!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:21 PM

bhaf heatshield

masonic-dodge,
I'm glad this could be worked out to the benefit of the members. Not everyone has access to the machines or wants a hammered out ugly version in their trucks. We want CLASS in our trucks.
My thanks to Cris for his persistence to work things out for the members. We need this kind of leadership.
Great job!
MY WORLD
Old 11-15-2004, 09:42 PM

I'm glad we found a way to let Masonic Dodge help us.... ;-)
Andrew
Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by masonic-dodge

willysrule- you come on now, you just said any one will make one for you and then you said just we would laugh at you thats smart!!!!
I didn't mean any harm by that...

they would laugh at you cause I'm at a large precision production and tool and die shop, that doesn't deal with walk-ins, but there is tons of "little" places that would be more than willing to make something like that...

I'd stack the material and laser them, faster than the water-jet on thicker stuff....

good luck in your venture of selling them...
Old 11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone, but it was lary + jack who steped up to the plate to make this work. We are a family here at DTR and we need to work together.

CRIS
Old 11-20-2004, 02:30 PM

Any updates yet?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

Heres an update I haven't got my BHAF yet. I want to have it so I can mount some standoffs to rise the filter up off the heatshield. I did get my K+N filter in and it is HUGE for a K+N I know alot of people don't like the oil type filters but I want to fit one of these also. Its a nice piece about 10" long 7" high 10" wide and its oval it also has a 1/4" stud on the opposite end from the 4" hole that way it can be mounted soild to the HS. I'm going to get the nuts and some type of bumper to go on top of the shock tower to prevent rattleing without having to cut another hole in the HS. When I get all this sorted out and I get the nuts and bumpers I'll let everyone know. I'm going to "try" to have a couple ready for the weekend of the 4th+5th for everyone to see. Maybe we can give one away as a prize on sunday.

CRIS