Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BHAF Heatshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHAF Heatshield

Is anyone ever going to get a machine shop to manufacture a heatshield for the BHAF. I know many people are interested in buying one. We could even prepay if someone with access to a shop could mass produce one for a reasonable price. How about a complete kit ( Heatshield , BHAF , Outerwear ) Anyone interested?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Banned

I can make you one, I already have it programed into a computer laser cutting machine. What do you want it made out of and how thick? I will not mass produce these because I dont want to cause any problems with the people who run this site. I have offered in the past to help with filters and heatshields but was cut short. I "DO NOT" want to interfere with the venders on this site they are good people and pay to be here.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!
CRIS
Old 11-09-2004, 08:29 PM

Hi,

I'd be interested in getting an old smokey type heat shield made of alum diamondplate for my 93....Is that the one you have programmed?.....I think that would be a great service to us and I don't think you'd be stepping on any toes because if I knew one of the sponsors sold it....I'd already have one!....I'll PM you too....
Thanks for letting us know!
Andrew
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

OK guys slow down. I know theres alot of you wanting these but give me a chance. I'm just a good old boy not a big company and I dont want to p**s anyone off. JACK or LARY I need you to chime in and give the OK!

I know everyone likes aluminum but think about this stainless holds up to heat,moisture and salt and can be polished over+over again.

CRIS
Old 11-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Banned

ITs not going to happen guys this is not allowed in anyway Ive been read the book 100 times ........you all best tuck tail .

I can see your trying to be really nice about it masonic but that dont matter its nothing personal but the rules will be enforced equally.

there are other places to do this and not involve DTR .

The only problem is you cant contact the members to send them there..its a lose, lose situation. Been there done that

I reccomend who ever wants one just so get the stock and cut it your self and rig up something to bend it with its not rocket science.

heres also an simple option

http://www.directcon.net/drkayak/Ram/Heat%20Shield

Cut and paste if it dont open.

I know what you guys are trying to do here and its a good thought but this is not place to do it..

DM
Old 11-09-2004, 10:30 PM

It seems to me its just a bunch of guys who don't have the resources to buid one. I for one would buy one in a heartbeat since I have no free time to build one. There is no vendor that sells them here or anywhere for that matter. Don't make it sound so deviant when you say " I know what you guys are trying to do". We just need the final link to a filter mod...thats all.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Banned

You'll see grass hoppers I tired to help

DM
Old 11-10-2004, 07:40 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Relax, DM.

There is a difference between trying to sell things that use someone else's copyrighted logo, hint; and something someone here has invented. I see no problem with talking about it like we do normally here in the forums, and the person building it putting it in the classifieds.

Some of you may not think it, but those get a lot of hits. I personally have had many contact for my products being sold in there that came off of my old truck.

We have administrators and moderators here DM, but thanks for trying to help. I'll take it from here. I'm sure DTW would love to hear about it though.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:35 AM

Jannetty has one that comes with their inhouse made air filter kit,maybe they will sell just the shield.Id rather buy one from Masonic though.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned

DTW ----I Cant beleave you said that

the rest I can ...................

"NO REPEATED SALES IN CLASSIFIEDS PERIOD"

Thats what I was told .

I did contact a MOD first .

It was late and no one was on

just trying to keep things fair.

I wasnt selling copyrighted stuff I was giving it away

IF anybody wants one now that were allowed shoot me a pm I have to sell 12 at A time.check out my photo gallery for pics.

BTW____Make that TDR not DTW

Thanks
DM
Old 11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Have fun over at the TDR.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Group purchases of any kind are not allowed here at DTR, simply because we can not guarantee that you will ever receive what you pay for. Accordingly we have no control over the product, pricing or quality, yet if something went wrong, DTR would bear the brunt of your complaints.

The Classifieds are in place here for the free use of our members, not as a place for a vendor or dealer to sell his products and avoid paying for advertising. So accordingly all dealer or vendor sales are not allowed.

If you are building something and selling it here on a regular basis, then you are in fact acting as a vendor.

I am certain everyone can see the logic in not allowing someone free advertising, while at the same time asking another person to pay for it.

A project such as this may very well be intended as a helpful gesture, and without any intent to make a profit. But there is no way for me to know that for sure, one way or another. This then places me in a position where I have to "guess" whether it is an acceptable idea, and whether to allow it or not.

For me to be in that position it would be too easy for me to choose the wrong way, and be seen as not being fair to everyone, because I only allow the ones I like or seem to think are OK.

The only solution I have found to be fair to EVERYBODY is to enforce the rule straight across the board, and not allow these things period. I know that may seem harsh, but it isn't decided by my own personal judgment or feelings about something.

The same rule applies to ABSOLUTELY everyone, regardless of the product or it's nature. If we can ever come up with a better way to do it, I will be happy to move in that direction.

For now, I am just trying to make this place as fair as I can for ALL the members, not just a chosen few.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Banned

I got several PM's last night, thats when I posted that I wanted a OK from you or jack before I went any farther and I have not. There seems to be a need for something like this HS. I have PM'ed jack 2-weeks ago about this for the store, I even offered to donate some for the store to sell to help offset the cost of computer upgrades. The reason I PM'ed jack was because I saw his name with the store, maybe I should have talked to you.

CRIS
Old 11-10-2004, 12:57 PM

FWIW,

I think maybee m-dodge shold be able to work a deal to sell them in the online store with a portion going to dtr for advertising no-one should be po'd about that?

justmy.002
Old 11-10-2004, 01:14 PM

masonic-dodge, why not make them, buy prefilters and filters and sell them on E-bay... If I had more free time and the water-jet wasn't already costantly running I'd do that...

come on guys, it's not that hard to make one or get one made...

print it out and go to your local "little" machine shop and get them to make you one...

Just don't come to my shop, they will laugh at you and tell you to make it yourself...something like that isn't worth there time, we have a couple hundred dollar minimum to even look at a print....

Quick Reply: BHAF Heatshield