Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The best way to get smoke

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i first got my truck every time i took off from a stop light there was a puf of black smoke and every time i grabed the next gear there was a bigger puff of black smoke. I thought i had the coolist truck in town. then i learned how to drive...........

now i get 2 more mpg on average.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Around here if you abide by the law and register your vehicle in the county you live in you must have a muffler in the factory location and you must pass an opacity test at 20%. They will however allow you to pass at 30% but like to chastize you and throw their weight around a bit. If you have excessive smoke, you can be turned in. You must then come in to the county emissions building, they put the truck on the dyno and if you don't pass at 20% they pull you registration. Now there are all kinds of guys in my county with straight pipes and dual stacks ect. They register their trucks in other states or counties I am assuming. Some look like tractor pulling trucks that puke out heavy black smoke on every shift. Sure is cool!!!!????? Cool to us guys on this forum. To everyone else they think we are a bunch of idiots. Because of as****** that think all the heavy smoke is cool in town, now I have to have my truck opacity tested on a dyno every year. Be selective when you mash down on the throttle. Be aware when everything is on kill and you are in town. Because yes, a few idiots are going to ruin it for everyone. I will admit it though, when I am at the tractor pulls or some other event and some twelve valve steps up, fills the stadium with black smoke and pulls the sled out of the building it brings a tear to my eye!! Nothing more beautiful. I love black smoke too, just at the right times.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM

I could stop traffic on a 3 lane street in town if I wanted to, but why bother?! My truck may smoke alot, even with the new big turbo, but only on the track or out 4 wheelin' in a field. I didn't build it to smoke the local city folk. I built it to perform on the track.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 PM

a little knowledge on how a diesel engine works will lead you to this... take your turbo off and you will have all the smoke you need. a trip around the block will get you to put it back on. (im being sarcastic and dont reccommend this)