Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The best way to get smoke

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
And that's exactly the type of person that would do that all the time thinking he's cool. A KID.
Oh yeah, theres no adults in the whole wide world that do that.....or are there????
Old 08-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselVeins
I have a 2000 5 speed and I was wondering what the best way to get smoke was. I know that chips and injectors and things like that work but because everything is so exspensive I am unable to get everything. I was wanting to know what the best thing to do to get more smoke.
its the wrong question to ask on this website. diesel performance is people's hobby/interest/business and they want to protect it so they can enjoy it that much longer. more and more trucks running around puking smoke at intersections and unnecessary places does nothing to protect the sport.

that said, if one understands the diesel engine one would know how/why the smoke happens. its pretty simple after that. but, yes, it does take money.

i guess you could take a grinder to your nozzles
Old 08-30-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by erics76
Just like anything else, too much of something, and there will be a law against it. There's a kid in town with a 3rd gen and he must have just gotten his big fueling box because everytime I see him he's blacking out two lanes of traffic. Everytime. How long until people get tired of that and want something done about it?
It wont be long now.. Yep, just keep on smokin and see what happens when we all get a bad label put on us.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:02 PM

follow my sig... it u want smoke hahaha
Old 09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
And that's exactly the type of person that would do that all the time thinking he's cool. A KID.
Ya know im not just saying this because im a kid but not all are that way as some will say on here. I am 17 and i wont lie I love smoke but i dont go around and blow smoke 24/7 Thats why I drive with my Comp off and it makes me really mad when i see people in my town just driving around lugging it everywhere. Thats why cops in our town now hate anyone that drives a diesel, and that probably 50% or more of the vehicles in town. I have seen many "non" kids blowing smoke everywhere just like kids do. Sorry rant off.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BBA
I am 17 and i wont lie I love smoke but i dont go around and blow smoke 24/7......Thats why cops in our town now hate anyone that drives a diesel, and that probably 50% or more of the vehicles in town. I have seen many "non" kids blowing smoke everywhere just like kids do. Sorry rant off.
I have never been to your town, but I will bet you just about anything that the cops there don't "hate" over 50% of the drivers there, which is essentially what you are saying. My guess is this: There are a few jerks, of all ages, who insist of blanketing others with their smoke, and there are another few who are driving poorly maintained vehicles, some of which are diesels.

The police are just doing their jobs, ticketing lawbreakers and scofflaws who don't care how their actions affect others.

You want to know who the police really hate? They hate killers; they hate rapists; they hate serial burglars and car thieves; they hate blind drunk drivers. They hate the same low lifes that the rest of us hate. They don't "hate" the average person driving a diesel, even if he/she breaks a traffic law, now and then, but they do their jobs and hand out a ticket or two, now and then.

You'll figure it out when you get a little more mileage on you. You're not even broken in yet.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shortshift
It wont be long now.. Yep, just keep on smokin and see what happens when we all get a bad label put on us.
little late on that one. were already getting a bad label put on us.

this smoke stuff has got me in a loop, like a mouse on a wheel. i would love to add power to my truck, but since adding power means more smoke, that means that some people are going to get a face full cause i have the exhaust in the stock location.

so i should switch to stacks. then i have to change my tool box around to fit the stack, plus the increase in noise.

so i end up either having no tool box, able to direct the smoke away from people, and possible noise complaints; or keeping my tool box, having less noise, getting turned in for smoking people.

of course not adding power is completely out of the question.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
BBA

[QUOTE=TreeFarm;1675600]I have never been to your town, but I will bet you just about anything that the cops there don't "hate" over 50% of the drivers there, which is essentially what you are saying. My guess is this: There are a few jerks, of all ages, who insist of blanketing others with their smoke, and there are another few who are driving poorly maintained vehicles, some of which are diesels.

The police are just doing their jobs, ticketing lawbreakers and scofflaws who don't care how their actions affect others.
QUOTE]

OK sorry i didnt word that the best i should say that they get frustrated with diesel trucks in town and like to watch those trucks a little closer. Im just saying this also because everytime im in a diesel kid or not when a cop drives by they stare as long as possible. Now when im in a gas truck they do not stare near as much if at all.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Maybe he's just wishing HE had one.. : )

You know, actually a couple years back (2001) I was stopped for fuel in Pearsonville, Ca. with the trailer hooked up for a vacation trip to the Sierras. A CHP (Cal Hwy Patrol) drove up and parked right in front of my truck like he was blocking me in. I kind of wondered about it for a second and kept pumping fuel and just waited to see what his intentions were without "reading anything into it" yet..

He walked up to me and asked me.. "How do you like your cummins?". I told him I love it. He asked me whats my mileage while towing. i told him its generally around 12. He said.. "Good for you - hope you have a great trip - be safe out there on my highway."

I told him, "Thanks for checking on me - You too".
Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Your gonna have smoke at some point whe nyou turn it up. heack even a lot of the broken in cummins smoke weather the be old or newer. It depends on what you plan to do with it if it's going to be a puller get as much tourque as possible So run some big injectors and get a lot of fuel out of it. You can always light it up with a nice shot of nitrous. that should get rid of a lot of the smoke. I say more power to you if you can get away with huge injectors and a couple of chips drving down the street. I have a couple buddies that got away with bullydog 8's on the street. bottom line no matter what you do your gonna have a little bit of smoke somewhere. where i am from a lot of the cops are the ones driving the diesel trucks that are turned up anyways. They are just overpayed road babysitters that need to pull the stick out there behinds. I guess though for them it's "do as i say not as i do". They should make it a rule that whenever they give out a ticket some other bystander has to sign it acknowledging they saw the person doing wrong too. Then we would have a lot less crooked cops.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 PM

my truck will black out highways and such but its only whe you dig deep into the throttle. Smoke like all have said is an amzing site to see and possibly gets you excited. I know i am obsessed, well was obsessed when i got my 12v. Now that i have had the smoke and such i have moved past that and want to see more hp and torque.

BTW: When i roll the smoke i am filling in the OZONE...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:37 PM

hahaha filling in the ozone. i'll deffinatly remember that. yea the global warming is getting bad. hahaha bullcrap. thats why the hottest recorded summer wasn't this year or last but back in the 50's or 60's but the earth is supposidly growing hotter. o and Al Gore the big environmentalist wacko. uses more energy than probly all of us put together on this website. hahahaha
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You want smoke??? I'll try to come up with a used turbo with blown seals. That will let everyone in the county know where you are.

smoking trucks look like a worn out piece of s##t to most of the driving public and even though I'm a diesel enthusiast, I tend to agree. If that's the look you are going for...have at it.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:33 AM

yea dumping black smoke all over some a hole in a convertable is fun but before i had my new turbo it was just nasty black smoke with 1300 to 1400 egts and a poor old ladys giving me the finger. constant smoke gets old fast
Old 09-03-2007, 07:54 AM

agreed power mad..... i rrecently put on an hx 40 hybrid. i still can dump it depending on the foot placement. feeling the extra powwrer from the fuel burning instead is a lot nicer. The smoke does get very old especially when i have little kids in the truck and on the curbo yeling for me to blow smoke.... fuel is just to darn expensive

Quick Reply: The best way to get smoke