Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Best spray-in liner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:Best spray-in liner?

I have the super liner and it has held up very well.

Mike

Formerly from MT ;D
Old 09-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of the two you mentioned? But it thats all you have to chose from, look at each brand, the way they are applied, maybe go into there spray area and see what they do. I have PERMATEX, IT HAS BEEN ON SINCE 97', I got the grey, over the rail. And it cost 650.oo . I don't think I would go with the grey again, it get black marks that I can't get out (mostly from steel tubbing). Also I don't think I would spray a new truck again, Hell I think I would just leave it for a couple years, and then spay it, realy who cares about a scrath or two if you plan on spraying it anyway? Also, it would be nice to add down the road, kind of make it look new then, and not waste it when it was new. hope this makes since? Also I would not waste my money on some do it yourself, roll on kit. They are junk, and I have yet to see one that looked decent.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:27 AM

I've had Rhino AND Line-X and I definitely prefer the Rhino. It is a bit more pliable and nicer to crawl on and I think it holds things better. My new Dodge can with the Line-X, and it's absolutely a quility product, just that I prefer the Rhino.

As for the fading- This is the trick-

Spray tire dressing.

I know, everyone thinks it will be greasy and slippery. NOPE. After a couple of days it soaks in completely and the finish is as shiny black as the day it was installed, and the grippyness of the liner when it was new is back as well. Trust me on this. I use the cheapest tire dressing I can find, and it lasts for about 8-10 months. (this was recommended to me by a Rhino installer)
Old 09-14-2003, 05:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For you Montana Folks, years ago when I lived in Big Timber, I had a truck done with Rhino in Billings. My cousin still has my old truck or did a couple years ago. The liner was in lots better condition than I thought it would be. It would sure be a long drive, but maybe worth it considering the way that liner lasted.

By the way, I MISS MONTANA

Ed
Old 09-14-2003, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Rhino and Linex and would not get Linex again. Way too rough. Like 10 grit sandpaper. Some people say that because the Rhino is more flexible, it is more likely to tear, especially if you ever hit it with a shovel while scooping rocks or something. But I never had a problem with it.

Now I have a Bedrug and I wouldn't give it up. Best liner I have ever used. I can haul gravel and sand, hose it out or vacuum it clean, and still have a nice carpeted surface that looks great. With the tonneau, it's also like having a huge car trunk. Best thing is it was only $230 and took 20 minutes to install. Can also be removed in about 2 minutes.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:16 AM

I too have never heard of the two brands. If they dont have rhino lining available I would go out of my way to find a town that did. I prefer rhino over line-x because of the thickness and the rep of rhino.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:58 AM

You can always take it to Hoss and he will get you a special made bedliner.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am very happy with my rhino liner. I had mine done at Rhino linings of Delaware in Newark,DE. The installation was perfect.