Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks twinram intake manifold kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's your money do what you want with it
Old 03-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bling Bling
Old 03-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Muted User

Yeah that nails it !!! Just like 6" outlet mufflers those idiots put on Honda's even though the pipe is 1.25" the whole length of the car right up to it...... BLING... that’s hysterical.....

Kevin
Old 03-10-2005, 05:47 PM

if you want something trick looking under your hood try building one your self . i have been thinking about this for a while now.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM

If my hood were transparent I my be interested in something trick looking under it, bling that
Old 03-10-2005, 08:15 PM

Maybe you should get one...then you can call it "Greased Lightnin'" and run around singing about it......
Old 03-16-2005, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that old TDR story showed the twinram dynoing 20 more hp. Banks provided my twinram at a price I couldn't refuse. I could tell an improvement with it and with smoother running. It is definately a nicely made piece of hardware - a lot of work went into it! It's expensive hp if you have to pay full price. Joe D might still have one in his attic. Craig
Old 12-10-2005, 03:04 AM

sorry to dig this up and keep it going
i don't see why people hate the thing so much but haven't looked into it all that much, but complain about how much they heard someone else say they don't like it. if TDR showed a 20hp gain and dropped the cylinder-to-cylinder temp difference by 50 deg.
i'd agree that $700 is way too much to pay for it but to say it's worthless bling may be a little ignorant. any of you guys ever heard of the #6 cylinder going bad cause it runs too hot cause it didn't have enough air? ever look at how far the air has to go through the engine until it gets to #6?
I just pulled the EGR valve off of my intake horn(to inspect it of course, not to leave it of...) and stuck my finger in there, there's not room for a quarter to go through sideways...how is that not a restriction?!?! i'll try to clean the soot and post a pic, it's disgusting how small of a hole there is and how much cast metal there is inside that giant air horn. if you believe that's not a restriction, go check the dictionary, they took "gullible" out. if i can get one cheap i'd like to replace my p.o.s. horn with it.
seems to me like it'd even out the flow and drop the boost and egt a little for the same power output. what a terrible thing.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:58 PM

Actually on a 12v the #1 cylinder suffers from the worst airflow and is generally the hottest cylinder.

FWIW - Joe D. tried the twin ram a long timg ago. It did little to nothing for him, that is why he took it off.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rhino
Actually on a 12v the #1 cylinder suffers from the worst airflow and is generally the hottest cylinder.

FWIW - Joe D. tried the twin ram a long timg ago. It did little to nothing for him, that is why he took it off.
intresting, apparently i've read some posts by the wrong people cause i've heard it's the back, #6. thaks for setting me straight on that one though.

as for power/efficiency improvement, 20hp is probly pretty insignificant compared to the weight of our trucks, i don't see it as a power thing but from a mechanics' longevity point of view; i just like that it evens the temp range and airflow out to all the cylinders better. banks doesn't even market it as a power adder if you read their paragraph. you guys that don't have CA trucks wouldn't appreciate or notice as much of a gain either. doing a bunch of work on my truck while i can't drive, cause vicodin is a narcotic, and i was looking in my intake elbow, at least half of it is blocked off because it's necked down to make a low pressure/venturi area to pull the EGR HOT SOOT ASH so it runs like crap both from the intake plugged and from the hot air ingested.
like i already said, i don't think it's worth a fraction of what bank$ wants for it but it is an improvement. i was looking closer at my intake plate and could see why it would be costly to machine a plate that big/thick and have two brand new heater grates...so it's not just a powdercoated elbow for $750; still not affordable but not the piece of crap you guys all preach about it being, if anyone other than banks sold that thing and it was cheaper i bet quite a few of you guys would have one.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by George&cheryl
I have the Banks power pack system which includes the twin ram intake and the system isn't for looks, it increased my hp to 335 at the rear wheels. The main negative thing that I've heard is that it is expensive for what it does, you can get a lot more hp for less money. When I had mine installed years ago I didn't do a ton of reach, I called Banks and what they told me sounded good to me and I took a road trip to their facility and camped out over night and hung out the next day while they did the install.
One thing I was disappointed with was, I was going to install a prime loc to make changing the pain in the butt fuel filter breeze to change then I found out it wouldn't fit with the twin ram there.
Where I live they started smogging diesels too and last year my truck passed with flying colors I wonder if it would with some of the other enhancers.
I dont have a twin ram

my power pack is from before that.. I have about 315 rwhp with a banks full forward without that twin ram, and ihave ran 376 with remnants of the pack and a zero plate.. so im certain that twin ram is for looks.. The PO had it and removed it.... i have yet to get it back, and dont care much for it.. IMHO

Tx