Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks Products

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
__________________________________________________ ________
Quote by "fueling around":

"You forgot the horse crowd. Banks is one of many Copy Cat vendors
out there."
__________________________________________________ ________

Good point John!

-------------------
I just received my latest issue of "Diesel Power" Magazine. ONCE AGAIN,.....
Banks had a full two page color ad in this issue. (pages 14-15)
On page #15, he shows the pictures of three of his "racing trucks." The first one is the Banks Sidewinder LSR Truck. The second one is his "newest entry", namely, the Banks/Donahoe F-250 6.0 Super Duty Diesel which they have run in the Henderson 400 Race. The third is his new GMC Duramax Diesel Road Racing Pickup;......which to my knowledge has yet to ACTUALLY RUN A RACE!! Just below and to the left of the pictures of the three trucks, good ole Gale himself is quoted saying this about his "race trucks" and his competition:

"These diesel racing trucks all have something in common: Banks cold-air intakes and intercooling, plus our wide-open exhaust. Tuning by itself doesn't provide the continous power needed to set world and land speed records or deliver sustained off-road performance. The "tuner-only guys" can't compete-and that's why they aren't racing."-Gale Banks

Really Gale??? By "tuner-only guys" I am assuming he is AGAIN referring to possibly Edge Products and TST Products! Well guess what?? They might not have their products in desert or LSR Trucks,.....BUT,....they are DARN SURE in alot of the drag race trucks! So,.....my challenge to Gale is this:
"Build and bring a Banks Drag Race Truck out to a DHRA Event and let's see what you got Gale!!"

NOW,........FWIW,......there is an accompanying full length article in "Diesel Power" about that "Donahoe/Banks" Desert Truck. In all of the pictures they took, nowwhere did I even see an aftermarket Banks Exhaust! I'm sure it has an exhaust, but it is not what you or I would run on ours! The article on the desert truck running the Baja 1000 says on page 64: "the truck (Donahoe/Banks) timed out of the race",......meaning it DID NOT FINISH!!
Also FWIW,......ole Gale talks like his desert truck is the only one to ever run in the Baja 1000. Well,.....back on November 19, 2004, a man by the name of Kent Kroecker raced a stock Dodge Cummins Ram 4X4 in the Score Baja 1000 and it became the FIRST Cummins Powered vehicle to EVER cross the finish line!! It had NOWHERE NEAR the suspension upgrades etc. that the Donahoe/Banks Ford 6.0 PSD had!!!! Maybe old Gale should have bought a Dodge CTD CR huh??

And the beat goes on................................................ ....................

--------
John_P
Old 02-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey John, Why do the drag race guys hold their brakes and rev up their motors?

Mike
Old 02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Mike:

Yeah,......no kidding on that statement!!! To this day, I still cannot believe he even made that statement to Clint back at the "2003 ATS Truckfest!" But remember,.......... he is the one who says he has over forty years of diesel experience!!

Thanks for reminding me about that one........................

--------
John_P