Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks Products

Does anyone have any experience with Banks products, specifically the Banks Power Pack? Seems to be top of the line stuff but I never see anyone on here talk about it. Also does anyone know how compatible a Power Pack would be with other mods such as an Edge EZ or new injectors, etc?
Old 12-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Banned

Re:Banks Products

High priced, shiny name.<br>Piers Diesel,best parts, cost, quality, customer service.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:15 AM
Chapter President

[quote author=Sled Puller link=board=4;threadid=8073;start=0#77729 date=1039413224]
High priced, shiny name.
Piers Diesel,best parts, cost, quality, customer service.
[/quote]

Agree with Sled Puller you pay big $ for the name...shop around there are many fair priced vendors for our cummins upgrades Piers has been a leader in this field along with many other vendors...check the links page of this site for some great vendors

http://www.dodge-diesel.org/cgi-bin/dclinks/dclinks.cgi

Or try the online store

http://store.yahoo.com/dodge-diesel/index.html

: : : :
Old 12-09-2002, 09:00 AM

i put the banks stinger on my truck and within 5k miles my injector pump was fried. of course dodge would not cover it even tho my truck is still under warrenty. also the dyna gages were screwed up. i still have the 4&quot; exhaust and K&amp;N and wastegate installed and new gages and the truck runs good.<br><br>if you want more power go with the exhaust, filter and an ez. people say that banks is expensive and i believe it. they would not cover my injector pump. bottom line, i got screwed. not sure if it was banks or dodge that did the screwing but i would not do it again. &gt;<br><br>david hawkins<br><br>[quote author=TXJosh link=board=4;threadid=8073;start=0#77726 date=1039412722]<br>Does anyone have any experience with Banks products, specifically the Banks Power Pack? Seems to be top of the line stuff but I never see anyone on here talk about it. Also does anyone know how compatible a Power Pack would be with other mods such as an Edge EZ or new injectors, etc?<br>[/quote]
Old 12-09-2002, 09:27 AM

Banks does well with thier metal work, but I don't know about thier performance products. I have never tried thiers. There are less expensive ways to upgrade.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:15 AM

This thread is proably about to end up in the high-performance area, but I thought I would comment about the injection pump failure. Understand that I'm not very familiar with the Banks system itself, but I suspect that the stinger product connects directly to the VP44 pump wire? If that is the case, then we already know how DC feels about that, as regards warranty coverage. Also, the fact that your VP44 failed after 5,000 miles suggests a lift pump related failure to me. My reading suggests taht most fueling-box enhanced )as opposed to caused) VP44 failures occur within a few miles of (fueling box) install, due to production problems with the (especially early) VP44's relating to increased plunger excursion into an area not properly de-burred. <br><br>As for being screwed, perhaps Banks oversold their product and made you believe you were within warranty. And of course, if they pierced the pump wire DC won't cover the warranty even if your lift pump was what caused the VP44 to fail.<br><br>Also, I agree with the other comments about the Edge product, especially the EZ and the comp. I have the comp, running it in EZ mode. But the point is that for under $600 bucks you can have an Edge EZ. Another $100 and you have the comp. Edge arguably is one of the leaders in fueling box technology. their prices are very competative and their customer service is great. If you want, you can even pay more and get the Diesel Dynamics name on your edge box. This will get you a (very) slightly different timing curve and a better warranty.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:34 AM

Txjosh,<br> When you go with Banks, your going for the big name. I too almost purchased the banks system, until I asked the same question on this board. Thankfully all the folks that replied advised me to go with the Edge products. I saved a lot of money and I'm thankful for all the folks guiding me in the correct (cheeper) direction. It's your money, but you can get a bigger bang for the buck with the Edge products. Also the money you save can go towards other power enhancements.<br>Big dawg
Old 12-09-2002, 10:38 AM

bank$ products are OVERPRICED and OVERRATED. They hide behind their marketing saying their products don't void the warranty. What they won't tell you is that you'll have to sue DC for warranty coverage WHEN a banks products cause failures.<br><br>bank$=overpriced, overrated, and false warranty claims.<br><br>Buy products from other vendors and you'll get a better<br>product, support, and power.<br><br>Disclaimer: not affliated with banks or other vendors.<br><br>Charles
Old 12-09-2002, 10:59 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys. Seems like everybody is in agreement here. I'm still learning but it's fun. Looking forward to making my truck run like a bat outta hell!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:34 PM

I have the Banks Monster Exhaust, 4&quot; stainless system. I chose it because it was the cheapest 4&quot; stainless system and the quality is good. The Banks &quot;kits&quot; seem high priced for what you get. I like the EZ.<br>
Old 12-11-2002, 06:01 PM

All I will say is do your research, not just looking at ads on the companies website. Search through old posts, and see what others have thought about simular upgrades to what your looking for. <br><br>Andrew