Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

banks power

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Banks power

i HAD a full on powerpack, right now im runnin 90 percent of it, which means no twin ram, the truck runs REALLY STRONG with banks power equipment, mind you i have no basis for a stock truck comparison, from my understanding for what you get though, i think its too much money what the PO paid, I woke the heck outta the truck on an experimental run with some 370's and a 100 plate, and then a 0 plate with stock injectors. GOOD GOD!!! feels like i got 90-100 more horses outta it than the banks kit gives me, cept one thing, i need a bigger blower... egts post turbo would GET HOTT AND QUICK!! IE 1300 degrees, plus 400 i add, EQUALS no good... right now i have my banks plate set back, stock injectors once again, cause im savin up for a good southbend dual disk, a gsk, and a turbo.. NOTE on any of the altered settings or a banks plate any farther up than stock, position, my stock clutch dont like it very much. Im not too fond of the boost and pyro gauges either, not as accurate as id like them to be, well cant complain bout the turbo one except i can peg it quite easily..., well is that really a complaint?

Overall, for relaibility and towing, which is what i have the truck for at the moment, the banks kit gives awesome results, just if you want a little more out of it, then its best to look elsewhere..

I just dropped a stinger exhaust for sound as well,

Getting into the 700 range, im sure banks puts you there quite easily, my rig pulls better than a stock ford 6.0 which is the only other diesel truck i drive.. and thas supposed to be at 600? and it for sure pulls better than a ranch foreman i know that has a 7.3 with a hypertech tuner...

Well i cannot complain my setups been good, but it wont be "banks" for too much longer after i graduate..

Tx
Old 06-23-2005, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TxDiesel007, did you like the banks twin ram intake? I was thinking of getting one for my truck but have heard different things about it, if it doesn't perform better it sure looks mean
Old 06-24-2005, 10:29 AM

torqueplateand3gskwithgages=+/-$550

theextra$1600+/-spentonbeer=priceless

justmy.002
Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Twin ram..

Originally posted by 12vordie
TxDiesel007, did you like the banks twin ram intake? I was thinking of getting one for my truck but have heard different things about it, if it doesn't perform better it sure looks mean

I did not have any experience with that thing..

Previous owner handed me the truck and told me the twin ram was just for looks, and it got in the way of some of his wiring down there (which i have never seen) and i look under the hood everyday, so i have a stock air intake on there, i wouldnt waste my time with the twin ram, specially cause i think u gotta kinda modify it to fit on there or kinda work it in some holes, my truck works just fine... Id say save ur 600 or so dollars or whatever it costs, or put it towards some timing and a gsk.... If i had it, im sure id leave it there, but even with the banks plate in comparison to a 0, there is more bang for the buck out there, banks is great dont get me wrong, but there is better....

I wouldnt worry bout mean... im sure with ur planned mods ur truck will be meaner than most banks powered rigs out there, includin my own.... u got a potential monster in teh works, and i will have questions if ur goin twins... Ill pm u later...

Tx
Old 06-24-2005, 10:58 PM

Well I've got an idea, if your not going to use that twin ram send it to me I'll put it to good use
Old 06-25-2005, 06:47 PM

Hmmm

seems i musta forgot to mention.. He took it off... i bought rig with full on pack, cept the twin ram...

If i had it, id GIVE IT to ya. i wouldnt want it anyways.. ill call and see if he has it lying around..

Tx