Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks Ottomind & 150hp Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks Ottomind & 150hp Jammers

just wondered if anyone had thrown in a set of big sticks on top of a Banks Ottomind???? the Ottomind is a 145hp Powerpack version, & I'll also be runnig 4" exhaust & a 14cm wastegated exhaust housing, I know heat shouldn't be an issue with the Ottomind tuner, since it dies off at 1250* anyway, but I just wondered how the sticks & the box might act together, should pull really hard for a bit until the Ottomind kils the fuel right????? just wondered if anyone had tried it ??? thanks alot, Dusty
Old 02-11-2007, 02:14 PM

If the ottomind defuels at 1250* then the sticks will make it get there alot quicker and alot smokier but it will still fall on its face at 1250*.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM

If that's how the Banks works, you're on the right track...GO, GO, GO, WHOA!!

Wanna fool it
Just put the pyro probe post turbo and it will de-fuel when it hits 1250...which will give you plenty of room to make power

Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
If that's how the Banks works, you're on the right track...GO, GO, GO, WHOA!!

Wanna fool it
Just put the pyro probe post turbo and it will de-fuel when it hits 1250...which will give you plenty of room to make power

Chris
Except that he'll really be pushing 1550*!!!

That's a good idea though! I can't stand how the boxes that have the defuel feature in them work. You get crazy power and then all of sudden lunge forward like you hit something.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:23 PM

Probably more than that...I've seen as much as 500* difference from the probes at higher boost and EGT's.

My life starts at 1300* right now Peak EGT's are almost 1800* by 100MPH...good thing I have the valet switch Need to get my new charger on
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM

already got that one in the works Chris!!!!! I have an elbow off the HX35 on my 01' & the Banks stuff came with the extra manifold that is tapped so.................... I'm planning on putting the pyro probes both places & wiring a toggle switch up between the 2!!! kinda like your valet on the old 95' I would imagine!! LOL I think it'll work out ok, how do ya think the clutch will hold up??? I know the 5spds seem like they stand a little more before letting go than the 6spds we've bombed???? I think if I treat it right it may get me a few more miles???? I really was planning on leaving this truck the way it was too!! but I figure if I bomb the crap out of this one maybe it'll keep my greasy paws off the 6.7L for a little while when it gets here!!!! we'll see if I get the sticks bought & the Banks stuff should be here wed. or thurs. & I'll get it all slapped on this weekend, I'll let ya'll know how the toggle switch deal works out?? Dusty
Old 02-11-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
Probably more than that...I've seen as much as 500* difference from the probes at higher boost and EGT's.

My life starts at 1300* right now Peak EGT's are almost 1800* by 100MPH...good thing I have the valet switch Need to get my new charger on
Chris
I take it you are having fun with the new tranny??

I wonder if you can get the manifold to glow??
Old 02-11-2007, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dusty Ratcliff
already got that one in the works Chris!!!!! I have an elbow off the HX35 on my 01' & the Banks stuff came with the extra manifold that is tapped so.................... I'm planning on putting the pyro probes both places & wiring a toggle switch up between the 2!!! kinda like your valet on the old 95' I would imagine!! LOL I think it'll work out ok, how do ya think the clutch will hold up??? I know the 5spds seem like they stand a little more before letting go than the 6spds we've bombed???? I think if I treat it right it may get me a few more miles???? I really was planning on leaving this truck the way it was too!! but I figure if I bomb the crap out of this one maybe it'll keep my greasy paws off the 6.7L for a little while when it gets here!!!! we'll see if I get the sticks bought & the Banks stuff should be here wed. or thurs. & I'll get it all slapped on this weekend, I'll let ya'll know how the toggle switch deal works out?? Dusty
Sounds like a plan...where you buying the sticks from??

Chris
Old 02-12-2007, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dusty Ratcliff
I'm planning on putting the pyro probes both places & wiring a toggle switch up between the 2!!! kinda like your valet on the old 95' I would imagine!!
Why not just run the pre-turbo to the guage and post-turbo to the box?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dusty you will have to let me know how it works, i have been thinking exactly the same things you are, i even e-mailed banks to ask them what the box would do with injecters they really had no answer for. Then i decided that i didn't need bigger injecters to push snow this winter. Maybe this summer, a little off subject anybody do a Ottomind Smarty stack? I was thinking that the smarty with injectors might pick up were the box shuts off. I got to try them together at a dyno day but did not get enough time to play with the different settings and timing.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
Why not just run the pre-turbo to the guage and post-turbo to the box?
On the Ottomind the pyro gauge hooks in the box not directly from the couple, i know what your saying but i don't know if the box would work right with out everything plugged in. With banks its safety first, so to moniter it right or safely you might need to run 2 gauges i don't know if you can cut and splice the pyro wires and have them work right.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by Crazydave
On the Ottomind the pyro gauge hooks in the box not directly from the couple, i know what your saying but i don't know if the box would work right with out everything plugged in. With banks its safety first, so to moniter it right or safely you might need to run 2 gauges i don't know if you can cut and splice the pyro wires and have them work right.
Run the post turbo pyro leads to the ottomind box. then run the pre turbo pyro to the gauge. but you'll need a different gauge then banks. if this the route taken, ditch the banks gauge all together. i can't see why it wouldn't work.