Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re:Banks Bashing

[quote author=Battering Ram link=board=7;threadid=13678;start=15#129156 date=1050611589]<br>Your lucky<br>[/quote]<br><br>I was honest and was fully prepared to pay for the transmission if warranty was denied. Actually I never thought warranty would come through.<br>I never even tried to get warranty when the VP-44 took a dump...I knew that even if the dealer did say they could do it under warranty, they would get charged back.<br><br>I guess I am lucky that several other trucks had the same problem.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, can't resist jumping in too-<br><br>I have bought several pieces from Banks. Some are not offered by any other manufacturer that I am aware of. It is those &quot;specialty&quot; parts that really have their own merits price-wise (Twin-Ram, Power Elbow).<br><br>When I was shopping for a 14cm2 turbine housing, I found the BEST price at Banks. <br><br>The kits may be a little pricey, but you can buy filters (or cool air intakes), fuel plates, and even exhausts elsewhere. Then individually buy the &quot;special&quot; parts to complete your hop-up.<br>Some people don't have alot of time to search for the best deal on each piece or put together their own combination- that is where the Banks kits really do shine, because you will get the advertised performance.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like I have been seeing this name for a lot of years now, since it was Gale Banks Engineering if I remember right. To be around that long, they must be doing something right. Just remember, a 222 mph streetable Dakota can't be all wrong.
Or am I confusing this issue with the wrong names? Seems I remember some pretty bad gassers with twin turbos and other goodies ripping up asphalt a few years ago too. Or I could be wrong again.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:24 PM

You're not wrong. I remember the name from hot boat fame.<br>All that cool stuff has developed into a huge manufacturing and research company.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:29 PM

WoW <br><br>I love this kinda' thread. Sure brings 'em outta' the woodwork! There have been a lot of great comments and posts. I guess my original post was to say that just because I don't buy my steak at Wal-mart doesn't mean they don't have good prices and quality on other things. I think that point has been made by several others in this thread. Thanks for all the comments.<br><br>Gary<br>