Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
FWIW-

I HATE Banks, not beacuse of their products, they are great, if over-priced.

Gale is a cocky jerk. I have read articles where he talks about eveyone wanting smoke is an idiot and jack*** (his word) He thinks he is the only name in the diesel power game. He makes good products, but he is certianly the be all/end all he seems to think he is.

I don't want to rant, but had to say something...
totally agree with this; 'ol gale needs to keep his smart comments to himself it seems. maybe go have aanother coffee w/ vic edelbrock
Old 10-29-2005, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by napa 600
totally agree with this; 'ol gale needs to keep his smart *** comments to himself it seems. maybe go have aanother coffee w/ vic edelbrock

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thank you so much for the vic edelbrock comparison! I can't stand that guy, not because he's successful or well known, but because he's an arrogant jerk, as well as all of the so-called "tech support" that works for him that I've dealt with on products already purchased. I had a long talk with a few people at Summit, then they talked to edelbrock, then edelbrock tech was SO nice and helpful after that.

I've never compared gale and vic for some reason, but I will never think of one without the other from now on!
Old 10-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
FWIW-
I have read articles where he talks about eveyone wanting smoke is an idiot and jack*** (his word)
I have to agree with Gale some what on that theory, lets face it a few guys out spewing tons of smoke and running straight 5" systems are putting the screws to the rest of us. Acting like that brings everyone down on us, EPA, Law Enforcement.... etc

Sure that is great stuff at the track but around town it hurts everyone else who drives one of these trucks. Noise pollution, air pollution call it what ever you want, it hurts us all in the long run.

They start looking for violators and they end up hitting those of us that don't play those childish games as well. Smoke isn't anything but wasted fuel and money, but then if some of these guys had half a brain they would realize that

Then if a Policeman pulls one of you guys over and cites you for the violation as he rightfully should, you call him a "Barney Fife" from a small town and accuse him of picking on you. You won't take any of the blame at all for your own actions hurting everyone else...

Sorry I will stop ranting now, but the fact is if a few of you guys would quit acting so silly, we would not be having to deal with these issues at all.

JMHO
Old 10-29-2005, 04:38 PM

I agree with where you are coming from, but still, in this small town that I live in, the cops actually look for things to get you for, my truck is straight piped with the stock 3'' and it doesnt even smoke, just when I honk on it, and it lets a little "poof!" and thats it. Other than that, my truck is good and healthy. But one day when I came from a red light, not even acquainting my foot to the skinny pedal for once, a BUCKEYE cop seemed to want to pull me over because my truck was creating " Obsene amounts" of black smoke. It was a poof, like what you see from a stock 01 basically, and so I went and had it tested and it passed happily. Cops can just be jerks, but then there are people that SPEW smoke everywhere and can even cause accidents and stuff, but things just get out of hand when people get petty....Ok im done...sorry...
Old 11-05-2005, 02:29 PM

Old 11-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing banks left in my truck

Except.. "the turbo" the gauges, and stickers.... either or, they wont be there for much longer.. PS... a concern here, WHY does gale banks think smoking is not cool, when all diesels do it at one point or another regardless?

I dont get where this is going but again i say..

Too much money, and not enough bang... great for safe limits tho...

Tx
Old 11-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Yah his stuff is SAFE for sure. De-fueling any chance it gets.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:07 PM

I always heard that their monster exhaust and power elbow was a good system. As for price, I've seen the factory price and then venders for 35% less. See the same thing with other systems, MBRP is a good example - 20% swing on price. Some times when you pay for the name you don't get any payback, but some time that name is worth every bit of the $$$ you pay for it. Shop smart and maybe some of their pieces will be for the right price. Seems like Bank's goal is to have a well behaved vehicle that works correctly all the time. If your not wanting to set Hp records, seems like a good move. Smoke is wasted fuel on a daily driver. I got Cat 980's and if they are smokin, they is in the shop. Diesel particulate is a regulated item undergound and if you have ever worked underground with old diesels and your blowing that black gunk out of your lungs for a couple of hours after you get top side, you wouldn't wonder why. So maybe lets try dropping the personality issues and look at what it is his stuff does. You ask about Banks on this site and they just get trashed. But it is all hearsay, no numbers, no comparisons. But no one can tell ya what the ottominder is doing, the six gun or anything else. But it works for some folks, maybe it would work for others. So lets drop the personality problems with Banks and talk about his product. I don't give 2 cents about his personality, I'm going to spend several grand, I want the best bang for the buck, but ain't no one talkin about what kinda bang your getting.