Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bank$ 'Big Head' question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bank$ 'Big Head' question

I have the Bank$ ‘Big Head’ waste gate control with the 14cm housing (puts out up to 35 psi boost.)
My Bank$ OttoMind is dying faster and faster, and its time to unplug it and send it on its happy way.
This is going to cost some bucks … want to replace it with a Smarty first, then stack with an Edge comp later., will also need new pyro and boost gauges.

Question: When I go back to the stock computer for now, am I going to have trouble 35 psi boost? Some people say I’ll start throwing over-boost codes and will have a new problem.

Not sure the OttoMind will last until I get can all these parts and install them.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will throw overboost codes when got my banks stuff i put it all together and it would not come off an idle, turns out i had a bad wireing harness and the big head and turbo houseing were in already so i drove it a couple days like that till i could get a new harness. When the stock computer reads boost above i think its around 22 psi it will defuel to try to get it back to normal. So when i got the harness we checked and cleared the codes and there was an overboost code. I think the smarty will take care of that so i would leave the ottomind in till you get the smarty if possible. I too will be getting rid of the ottmind in time when money allows and i get hungry for HP, but i have had no problems with it and it seems to be a good set up for a work truck.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM

Thanks man. That's what I figured would happen.
Did the overboost cause the truck to run bad?
My Bank$ controller keeps setting a P0237 low voltage to the map sensor which causes the engine to surge, and is getting worst (more often) all the time.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 PM

The truck ran ok it just seemed to have a little less power then normal. I only drove it like that for a couple days and keep my foot out of it. I don't know if driving it like that for any amount of time would have any negitive effect on anything maybe someone else here does. How long have you had the ottomind, and did you try to get banks to fix it?? They seem like they try to take care of you, or maybe its because i went through a good dealer.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Crazydave
How long have you had the ottomind, and did you try to get banks to fix it?? They seem like they try to take care of you, or maybe its because i went through a good dealer.
Truck came equiped with all the Banks stuff when I bought it. Best I know it's been on there a number of years now. Banks has been mostly helpful ... they say to send it to them, and they'll check and repair it for $40 (if they can.) But again, I'll have to drive it around on the stock computer for awhile.
Banks also says, that if they can't fix it, they'll be happy to sell me a new one ... there's a lot better controllers for $700 bucks ... I just can't decide which one(s) I want.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:38 PM

They want $700 bucks for a new Ottomind?? Thats crazy i don't blame you for wanting out of that thing. The TST PM3 with a smarty is what i think will end up doing down the road everyone i have talked to likes the combo. I did get to try a smarty at a local dyno day meet it comes on fast kinda like driving a gasser, the lag is less noticeable plus you get a scan tool and a high idle if needed. Well Good Luck