Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banjo Bolt Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banjo Bolt Replacement

OK, after searching this site a few times and getting different info, I decided to just ask...what size is the threads on the fuel filter housing and VP44 inlets and outlets? I tried using the 3/8" NPT, and the -6AN and both are too large. I'm wanting to replace the banjo bolts and go with a larger fuel line. Yeah, I know..."go with the WildCat MaxFlow kit"...I was going to do that, but I lost my core deposit on the SBC clutch I bought from there. The core got lost in the mail...no core no core refund?? Not sure who can misplace a 55 lb piece of fine Pittsburg Steel?! USPS I guess?? Not like it can fall through the cracks somewhere. Someone got them a free flywheel!!
So now I got to do it poor boy style...Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Banjo Bolt Replacement

Originally posted by Saxet Nomad
OK, after searching this site a few times and getting different info, I decided to just ask...what size is the threads on the fuel filter housing and VP44 inlets and outlets? I tried using the 3/8" NPT, and the -6AN and both are too large. I'm wanting to replace the banjo bolts and go with a larger fuel line. Yeah, I know..."go with the WildCat MaxFlow kit"...I was going to do that, but I lost my core deposit on the SBC clutch I bought from there. The core got lost in the mail...no core no core refund?? Not sure who can misplace a 55 lb piece of fine Pittsburg Steel?! USPS I guess?? Not like it can fall through the cracks somewhere. Someone got them a free flywheel!!
So now I got to do it poor boy style...Thanks in advance!

I can tell you this for sure.... it was not Rod at Wildcat that got a free flywheel. Rod would be more inclined to give you a flywheel than gyp you out of it.

I lost one also though, UPS lost it.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Chapter President

Rod

....I called Rod today to purchase some items - and he directed me to the nearest parts store, complete with fitting / tubing sizes - in order to save me some $ - doesn't sound much like a guy who would "lose" a part to cheat them out of a core charge...... - he certainly gained a customer-for-life in me....

-

Sorry about UPS losing your stuff - did you press them on the issue?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:05 PM

12x1.5,,is that what youre asking?you can also call city diesel in decatur,,thats who makes the fittings for everybody anyways..,..............bama
Old 09-17-2004, 07:25 AM

Check out McMaster-Carr . I found adapters there.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:29 PM

A couple summers ago I was talking to Scotty about shipping items. He laughed and told me he has sent many items to customers that never arrive. He then procedded to say that some body in the mail system must have one bad truck out there with all the free parts.