Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

B1/B2 Twin Piping

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1/B2 Twin Piping

Search feature is disabled. Which vendors are offering B1/B2 Twin turbo kits? If you happen to have someones kit if possible share pictures of the finished look of the setup?

I know of Opoole and Mark Kendrick...........any others?
Thanks

Oh and while we are at it anyone running this setup care to comment? Likes - Dislikes?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:28 AM

Piers, J.R. Adkins, EEP, Scheid, and Haisley can probably all whip something up for you. I'd call 'em all and check...
Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 10:18 AM

Kat,
Good question.
Anyone have bolt on sets ready to ship?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:08 PM

Piers doesn't have it.
Haven't tried JR, EEP, Schied, or Haisley, wasn't sure they use the "b"series turbos.

http://www.powerbypoole.com/home.html - Is one place I have contacted, waiting to hear back last email.
http://www.kendrickdiesel.com/ - Is the other place I have contacted.

Still looking at options.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Kat:

Scheid Diesel can build any type of turbos you want for a twin turbo set-up!
Give Mike Wood a call at Scheid Diesel (Effingham, Ill.) @ 1-800-669-1934.

---------
John_P
Old 02-17-2005, 11:47 PM

If Idaho CTD's not too busy, he may be up for building a set while he's in the middle of another project. You may want to contact him since he's made a few sets of b1/b2 combos. If you tell him Brandon sent ya he may charge double.

brandon.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by joefarmer
If Idaho CTD's not too busy, he may be up for building a set while he's in the middle of another project. You may want to contact him since he's made a few sets of b1/b2 combos. If you tell him Brandon sent ya he may charge double.

brandon.
He's too busy to tackle it at the moment, working on the Chevy's and the newer trucks. Guess I should have mentioned I talked to Nathan already.

Trending Topics

Old 02-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Kat, you need to call Olee
Old 02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Olee has the turbos you want ont he shelf. He has built the B-1/B-2 turbo set ups already.

Don~
Old 02-18-2005, 04:06 PM

Waiting for Olee to reply to my email I sent a few days ago. Will give him a call on my next day off if I don't get a reply. Trying to determine exactly whats in the kit so I know which of my parts I need to keep/sell. Thanks for the replies.

Don, is your cell # still the same? tried calling you the other day........
Old 02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
DTR Advertiser

yep, same number. Dang thang rings off the wall...so to speak!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Kat:

Congratulations!

You must be a "preferred or special customer" with Don as he sure wouldn't
give me his cell number when I was trying to help a friend of mine out with
some questions he had for Don on his Mach 5 and Mach 6 Injectors. As a
matter of fact I sent Don a P.M. message on this website asking him to call
my buddy and he never had time to do it I guess ..........................

Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for Kat!

----------
John_P
Old 02-19-2005, 10:48 AM
DTR Advertiser

John,

Eric is a friend although we never get to talk much. He has been here (Dallas) and I have been up to Kansas, met his fiance before they were married and even got an invite to his wedding. I was too dang busy to make it though. We even received a Christmas card the last few years.

Most people dont know it, but Eric received the first set of 24 valve EDM injectors I ever built way before they were released. Yes, I tested a few sets before on the dyno, but Eric got a very early set to Alpha test.

Adding to that..... Eric IS the father is the "Mach" name. Yep, I asked what he thought about a name for the injectors and he came up with several, but "Mach" seemed to sound the best.

Thanks Eric. Nope I did not forget.

Now we know why Eric has my cell phone number, but not why I would not contact Bobby. Firstly Olee spoke to Bobby and called me about his concerns. I asked what was cooking and the combination of parts installed seemed to be part of the trouble. I made the suggestions to remedy to situation, but was told the changes would not be made I suggested. Thats certianly the owners choice. So my hands were tied. I determined the trouble was not the injectors but rather something else. In the overwhelming number of cases the injectors are just not the trouble, but traced back to pumps or fuel boxes. In this case Bobby had a set of turbos that were different than anything I had worked with, a camshaft I knew nothing about, a set of custom Arias pistons with a different combuston bowl design, and was using a set of oversized injection lines and connector tubes. Both the later changes costs us HP on the dyno BTW. I knew that before the engine was rebuilt with the new components it made an ok HP number with even smaller injectors, the stock engine and cam. I dont like to get into the middle of things between vendors and the right prescription to fix things or how to make HP with the 24 valve. I made suggestions, but they are not palatable to the owner. Some twin turbo set ups have major tuning issues to get straight as well. I am confident that Bobby will get his combo correct and make the power, but it will take some work and certainly take some changes.

Here is what I suggest:

1) Remove the oversize lines and connector tubes.
2) Be certain the injection pump is working properly
3) Be certain the box and connection to the wire is working properly
4) Tune the turbos properly according to the vendors specs
5) Dyno Dyno Dyno all the changes

If that does not cure the trouble I would firstly look at ring seal and valve seal by doing a leakdown test. That will quickly determine the condition and if one is the trouble, you can find it easy. If it is good, go the camshaft timing points and check them. Perhaps the cam is ground wrong, installed wrong? Mistakes can happen.

The injector guy ( me in this case ) has the smallest part to play in this situation. The engine rebuilder is the most important entity here. Bobby should get the engine to them for repair and tuning to make the big HP. He certainly has the injector to make over 600 HP with ease. It takes work though. 600 is not usually an easy number to get with a 24 valve, VP truck. Throwing a bunch of unknowns ( components ) into the mix can make it tougher.

Don~
Old 02-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Don:

It is good to hear that you and Eric have a great friendship! We all certainly could
use more friends like that.

I appreciate your explanation of the situation concerning Bobby, however to be honest
with you I was still pretty surprised when I P.M.'ed you and requested you call and talk
to Bobby about his situation and you didn't do it. Nothing personal or anything, it just
surprised me Don! Everyone I have spoken to had spoken highly of how you handle
your business and IMO I just don't see where it would have hurt for you to call and
speak with Bobby. I realize Olee was dealing with him (as one of your dealers) but
Olee isn't the one who did all the R&D, testing etc. of your EDM injectors, that is you
Don! And several calls he had made to Olee were not returned until several days
later. IMO, I feel that maybe Olee was tired of Bobby calling him, but,....I could be
wrong about that. One day inparticular I watched Bobby try to call him three
separate times on his cell phone each time getting Olee's "voice mail." Bobby then
asked me to try and call him and guess what?? Olee answered on the first ring!!

FWIW, I agree with your suggestions on the big fuel lines and the bigger tubes.
Bobby has changed those and the truck does run better than it did. He has also
made checks of the fuel pump, the fueling box and all of the associated wiring.
No problems were found with any of these components or the associated wiring.
He has not had a chance to re-dyno the truck yet but will soon. One point I
brought up to him was that maybe on his truck with the way it is set-up that
your Mach 6 injectors are too large for his truck. When he made the 562 H.P.
dyno run he had the Mach 5's in the engine. It may be a case similar to Tim
Barbers when he tried running those "experimental" Mach 7's you sent him
for our Dec. 4, 2004 "N.C. Dyno Day" and Tim made eighteen (18) LESS H.P.
with the Mach 7's than he did with his Mach 6's. More fuel is not always the
answer as you well know. IMO, I seriously doubt the pistons or cam are the
problem in his engine as that was thoroughly checked also.

Your right, the "tuning" on these diesel trucks does take alot of work. To me
it can be the hardest part of it.

No hard feelings or anything Don, but like I said above I was just surprised
at the outcome of me asking you to call my friend and then the incident with
Olee. I am glad your friend Eric has "direct access" to you anytime he wants!
Must be nice!

-----------
John_P
Old 02-20-2005, 08:22 PM
DTR Advertiser

John,

I understand the points you make. On the 6's being too large...we are running them on single turbo trucks now. JetPilot just ran some on a B-1. He actually ran some larger than Bobby is. Im certain that Bobby's twin turbos will be more than adequate in the air department. Yes, we tried some 7's in Tims truck, but they were really a 7 plus. Yes, he lost 18 HP over a large 6, but by comparison Bobby lost nearly 100 HP with his new engine. Bobby should be in the 620 range, not 480. Something is seriously wrong, but it could not be the injectors.

They will make the power, but a good combination of parts in the engine is the key.

Have Bobby check everything. Swap boxes with a known good box. Check the injection pump. Check the camshaft timing points. Check the ring seal with a leakdown tester.

Something major is wrong. Its short about 140 HP.

Don~

Quick Reply: B1/B2 Twin Piping