Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Aux Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Lest we forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux Fuel Tank

Am looking for, and where one could buy a aux. fuel tank. Would like a tank size of 10 or more gal. but not more than 20 gals. Would like aux. tank to lay in my truck box, or stand in left front corner by present fuel filler door. I heard or read that some people have a petcock valve on their aux. tank and let it run into their main tank thru the floor of the truck box. If thats the case they maybe must of put a tee in their air vent line, or taped into the main fill tube. It seems like I have three rubber lines going from my tank to the filler inlet. If any one knows anything or anyone who has done something like this I would appreciate hearing from them. Thanks Waam Holland, Mich.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:59 PM
DPG

Re:Aux Fuel Tank

waam:<br><br>Why do you want such a small aux. tank? I currently have a Transfer Flow system and love it! In a previous truck I had a 50 gal. tank that a buddy made for me. (This was a Ferd 350 dually crewcab with the 7.3 TD) I just had one line that ran from the bottom of the aux tank into the filler tube. It had a petcock right at the aux. tank to let fuel drain into the main tank. I don't know if this setup was legal or not, but I only had trouble with it once. I was paged in a WalMart in Tennessee once when I forgot to close the petcock after a fill up, and drained about 2 gallons of fuel onto their parking lot. :-[<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br><br><br>
Old 12-30-2002, 10:59 PM

I carried my tidy tank full of fuel with me to Alberta when I went there. Fuel here was quite a bit cheaper (because I bought it as stove oil, but don't tell anyone ) so it was worth it, but those 150 gallons or what ever is in there sure made the trip a bit slower, plus I had no more room in my box... But it was great to never have to worry about fuel
Old 12-31-2002, 06:55 AM
Chapter President

I had a aux tank for awhile 36 gal with a 12 volt pump so I could just pump into my tank or any thing that needed fuel...it didnt take up much room in my box and was handy...there is a disclaimer about direct hooking it into your fuel system...Got it from Tractor Supply Co

http://www.tractorsupplyco.com/