Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

autometer piller pods

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autometer piller pods

I just purchased an autometer dual piller pod with speaker for my 99 dodge.
Not very happing with the quality and time spent building it. Summit racing says it fits just like the factory one.
I got it in the mail and exspected a quick install. They wanted me keep the old one on. Grind the old speaker boss off, and drill four holes to mouted the new one right over the top. I ended up taking the old one off and drilling two mounting holes through the center of the new one and into the piller. Then are they only black, most truck are dark gray.

Dan
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Yep, that's what they want you to do, just no one tells you that before you buy it. I did basically the same thing, removed the factory A-pillar and stuck the Autometer A-pillar in there and used a single screw at the top. The rubber trim around the bottom that goes around the end of the dash holds the bottom of the pod tight. Now I can put my factory A-pillar cover back in if I ever need to.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 PM

I know I'm not very happy with them. I let them know about it too.

dan
Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most plastic interior parts come in black. That is unless you get it from the dealer. Anyways, try painting it to match. www.dieselmanor.com sells paints/dyes that will match real nicely.
As for the fit, yeah, you're supposed to "trim" the factory pillar so as to get a good tight fit between it anf the new one. It does kinda suck to have to cut the original all up. But you have to ask yourself; do you plan on pulling them out? If not, what's it matter if you do cut the original one up. If you don't want to, maybe pick another piller from a wrecking yard. That way you will always have your original one.