Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Autometer fuel pressure gauge (not for dodge diesel)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ASTAR
Ok so the source of pressure is the FASS right? I thought it was from pulses from the vp44?

If its barely cracked open, wouldn't that seriously disrupt the fuel flow to the vp44?
Astar,

The pulsations come from the VP-44 and to a small extent, the lift pump. Your FASS should somewhat reduce some of the pulsations from the lift pump.

The sample point is located on the fuel filter outlet and the needle valve only cuts the pressure to the guage (dampens the pulses) and does NOT disrupt any flow to the VP-44.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ASTAR
Ok so the source of pressure is the FASS right? I thought it was from pulses from the vp44?

If its barely cracked open, wouldn't that seriously disrupt the fuel flow to the vp44?
I meant the valve goes in the line to the gauge, not to the engine.
There is no flow in the line to the gauge, just pressure change since it's a dead end. This is why you can get away with small tubing to the gauge.
In fact larger tubing can make the gauge slower to react when you have a restriction like a needle valve installed to dampen pulsations.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Oh ok, gotcha!
Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

ASTAR,

At DPPI we sell Auto Meter, Isspro and DiPricol. The AM electric FP gauges at one time were less than ideal as they didn't have the correct PSI levels on the gauges faces etc and the senders did have a issue with diesel fuel. To my knowledge that has all been corrected and they work fine, in fact they are the second most popular we sell here as the install doesn't require an isolator and is pretty easy as compared to a mechanical gauge. As you know everybody likes easy too! I think you're fine as the FASS is doing it'; job and you just aren't seeing much change in the systems PSI as it's working well. Remember Summitt has about as much diesel knowledge as I do for a top fuel dragster so don't worry too much about their comments etc.

Mark @ DPPI