Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Autometer EGT - hard to read

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autometer EGT - hard to read

Well I got my Autometer 'Z' series EGT installed in the pillar mount and hooked up the light wires. I used the green rubber( we can say rubber right) to cover the bulb. I am sitting around waiting for night.......I go out and drive around just to see the gauges in all their glory......The Dakota digital Fuel pressure looks good, the Autometer Boost looks good, the EGT is next to impossible to read. I turn the dimmer all the way to bright, still the EGT is hard to read. It looks as if the panel ( with all the numbers on it ) may be slightly bent forward and not allowing light to pass around it. Good news is I called Summit Racing and explained the situation and they said they had heard the same thing before. So, I am returning the EGT and getting a Dakota Digital EGT. Big question, is the Dakota Digital EGT probe as good of quality as the Autometer?<br><br>Tim
Old 04-01-2003, 02:50 PM

Re:Autometer EGT - hard to read

I have the same problem with the DiPricol white face from EEP. I am not happy with it. Dave said the light was hooked up wrong, and<br>that there is a green LED to be hooked up instead. I knew I should have done it myself.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:59 PM

My Autometer Sport Comps are great... no complaints... ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 04-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Banned

I have the Dakota Digital FP, Boost, and EGT gauges. All three are very easy to read. They even have a wire you can hook up that when it gets power, it dims the display automatically for night time driving. I didn't hook mine up cause I run with me marker and fog lamps on all the time but I have seen them hooked up and the display is still very easy to read. As for the probe being as good a quality as the Autometer, I hooked up my Autometer probe to the Dakota setup and I didn't notice any difference in reading or in speed of reading. Mine is mounted pre turbo so I hope that it can withstand the heat. Got over 6000 miles on it now without any trouble.