Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Automatic Tranny up grade

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic Tranny up grade

Any thing I can do besides adjusting the bands while the pan is off for a service to improve the durability while carrying my cab-over camper? Seems I remember something an improved valve body.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, go to the DTT site and look for increasing the line pressure.DTT .
If you go to far or above about 75 you may need a resistor, or it may set a code.
Make sure you turn the correct screw, and turn it the correct way!! CCW.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Personally, I'd just go ahead and order one of their new VB's. I'm running just their VB and I'm holding well over what my trans was designed for. The shifts are still nice and smooth. The problem you could encounter with upping the pressures on a stock tranny is you could up them to much and cause the tranny to go into limp mode and you run the risk of blowing seals. At least with a new VB you'll know that the pressures are set to the recommended levels, shift points will be at the right points, and everything will be done correctly. Not saying that you'll screw something up but it's just not a risk I was willing to take and I'm glad I didn't.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned

I'd go with a Valve body as well!! Cheap investment to help your tranny. Adjusting the bands will work, but as stated above if you go to much you might do more harm than good.

Bigblue has been abusing the snot out of his tranny with his VB and it's still holding..........for now

~Nick
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 PM

I would also agree with the VB, just turning up the line pressure still doesen't fix converter charge in park issues, and many other things that need to be corrected in the VB. i have had great luck with HTS http://www.htstransmissions.com/ check them out if you have a chance.
PM me if you have any other trans ?'s and i will try and explain it the best i can.

Chris
Old 07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
I'd go with a Valve body as well!! Cheap investment to help your tranny. Adjusting the bands will work, but as stated above if you go to much you might do more harm than good.

Bigblue has been abusing the snot out of his tranny with his VB and it's still holding..........for now

~Nick
Shh. It might hear you.