Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Auto-Lite Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto-Lite Gauges

I'm once again going to you informative gentlemen. I'm buying a fuel pressure gauge and since it won't match the rest of my gauges I'm thinking of going with all three new guages. I like the looks of the Auto-Lite Ultra lite gauges and was wondering if any of you had any dealings with them and what you thought of them.
thanks Barry
Old 10-18-2004, 06:30 AM

First of all, let me say I liked my Autometers, but Autometer did not make a fuel pressure gauge like I wanted it, so I purchased an Isspro EV gauge. Now that I have it side by side with my Ultra Lites, I wish I had purchased all Isspro's. The gauge face is slightly larger due to the convex lens design and the lighting at night is MUCH better.

I will be replacing my EGT and boost gauges with the Isspros once I can justify repurchasing something I already have (make sure you get the EV's if you decide to get them).
Old 10-18-2004, 06:49 AM

amartinson, that is the kind of information I was looking for thank you. I like the white face gauges. At night what does the Iss. gauge look like?
Old 10-18-2004, 07:31 AM

The Isspro has a much clearer, "backlit" appearance. Whereas the Autometers just have a glow from around the edge that washes over the face. If you don't know where the different numbers are on the gauge, it would be difficult to read them.

I know I saw a comparison of the gauges lit up at night somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. But if I remember correctly, the pictures were not completely accurate to real life.

Maybe I'll take a picture of mine in the 3 gauge pod at night so you can see the difference.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:01 AM

These are mine. Not a great picture, but you get the idea.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Barry

I second what AM said. But stay with the EV only. Isspro makes 2 different lines. Their EV are far superior at night. I had an Autometer FP gauge and found it much harder to read. White face may be better but can't beat the Isspro EV, IMO.
Note: Isspro EV comes in mechanical only. Also order the green bulb covers, which don't come with it...they match 2nd Gen dash lights very well!

RJ
Old 10-18-2004, 08:47 AM

i have the ev on order to. it the only gauge i could find 0-30 psi which is what i wanted. white face blue lettering and needle
Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM

Thanks guys, I think you made my mind up. I'm ordering them from the Isspro website the prices seem pretty cheap.
Fuel pres.--$52.28
Boost 60psi--$59.02
Pyro --$123.86
Old 10-19-2004, 06:18 AM

www.wildcatdiesel.com has a little better price. They will also supply you with what you need to hook up the fuel pressure gauge and the other gauges. I assume that if you order from Isspro, you will get the gauge only.

Wildcat's customer service is excellent as well.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:51 AM

Diesel performance parts is right there in TN.. I got my DiPricol's promptly and well packaged, AND they are a supporter of this site.. Good prices too... What more could you want? http://dieselperformanceparts.com/dodge.html

But yeah, Wildcat is a great vendor too, just REALLY far away!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe Wildcat ships to the lower 48 from their warehouse in South Carolina!
I like their set up...with a shut off valve for F.P. gauge...to keep diesel fuel out of cabin....just in case.
RJ
Old 10-20-2004, 01:13 AM

Guys I just got the email from isspro they said the fuel pressure gauge won't beable to ship for 4-5 weeks, the boost gauge doesn't come with anything to install it with, the pyro doesn't even come with the thermo coupler? The pyro is useless to me with out the coupler? I told them to cancel the whole deal. I would rather do my trading with a supporter of this great site. Thanks for all the info it was helpful as usual.

Barry
Old 10-20-2004, 01:25 AM

I like the white faced gauges. Now that I don't have the white faced ISSpro EV option which would you want between the ultra lite's or the phantom series autolite's. I was wondering what they look like lit up at night.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:12 AM

Just to add my 2 cents, I have a full custom dash with all Ultra-Lite guages. I do understand the problem with the backlighting that they mentioned before, but I never had a problem seeing them at night regardless, and I like the fact that most of them come with installation hardware and another neat thing I found is the green and red light covers so you can match your stock dash lighting. I like the looks of them over anything else I've seen, the only thing I haven't found yet is the tach, I can put in a 10000 rpm tach and use a universal sending unit, but I just don't think a 10k rpm tach in a diesel looks right, I've thought about calling autometer and asking about a custom tach, but I'm sure it's way more than I'm ready to pay at the moment. Anybody have input on that?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Barry Smith
Now that I don't have the white faced ISSpro EV option
I know that Wildcat is not fond of the white faced gauges, but did they say they couldn't get them for you?

Quick Reply: Auto-Lite Gauges