Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATTN: Diesel Dan aka FASS Man lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN: Diesel Dan aka FASS Man lol

Hey bud, i was just wondering if theres any way i can upgrade my current 150/95 to a 150/150 and put a lil higher pressure spring in the pump. Im getting ready to add a LOT more fuel to my truck and i want to be sure my fuel system is up to par before i do any of the fueling mods. Just looking for your opinion on whether or not i would need the 150/150 and/or a higher pressure spring (pressure spring is more of a personal choice)

Let me know bud!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by CumminsRedneck
Hey bud, i was just wondering if theres any way i can upgrade my current 150/95 to a 150/150 and put a lil higher pressure spring in the pump. Im getting ready to add a LOT more fuel to my truck and i want to be sure my fuel system is up to par before i do any of the fueling mods. Just looking for your opinion on whether or not i would need the 150/150 and/or a higher pressure spring (pressure spring is more of a personal choice)

Let me know bud!
Ill be honest.....try the 95 GPH out first and see if you need it....that 95 GPH should fuel anything you toss at it with a VP-44.....

BUT if you wanted to find a way to get you pump into me here....i might be able to make something work out for ya.....
Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 PM

ok cool, also i know ive asked this before, but since ive had my FASS, it went from 14 PSI idle/12-13 PSI WOT when it was new to now fluctuating between 12 and 14 PSI Idle/8-12 PSI WOT. It only started doing this late last fall and throughout the winter until now. Where should i look for these pressure differences...

FP Sending Unit
FASS filters

Im not EVRLY concerned, until my needle starts dipping under 10 PSI, which is almost daily when i get on it, but id just like to get the pressure readings back to where they were when new. I have a snubber valve installed ahead of my FP sending unit.

Also lately, when im on the throttle, namely in 4th gear and higher, and stepping into it, my truck begins to sparatically act as if it is shutting off cylinders, feeling a drop in power for a second and then coming back up to full power. Would this be anything that i should be concerned about from the FASS, namely a dirty filter or something else?

Thanks for reading my long message lol
Old 06-23-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by CumminsRedneck
ok cool, also i know ive asked this before, but since ive had my FASS, it went from 14 PSI idle/12-13 PSI WOT when it was new to now fluctuating between 12 and 14 PSI Idle/8-12 PSI WOT. It only started doing this late last fall and throughout the winter until now. Where should i look for these pressure differences...

FP Sending Unit
FASS filters

Im not EVRLY concerned, until my needle starts dipping under 10 PSI, which is almost daily when i get on it, but id just like to get the pressure readings back to where they were when new. I have a snubber valve installed ahead of my FP sending unit.

Also lately, when im on the throttle, namely in 4th gear and higher, and stepping into it, my truck begins to sparatically act as if it is shutting off cylinders, feeling a drop in power for a second and then coming back up to full power. Would this be anything that i should be concerned about from the FASS, namely a dirty filter or something else?

Thanks for reading my long message lol

As for the power loss.....i would first start with codes....see if you have any stored. Then check all your connections with your Comp Box...i have seen loose gnds cause issues like that.

Did we ever confirm your gauge to be reading correctly? I just dont trust electrics and VP....even with a snubber....its WAY better than not having one....but still....

Winter will cause a slight drop in pressure due to thicker fuel...it should be back up when its warmer.....at least mine is...
Old 06-23-2008, 03:45 PM

i would like to confirm my gauge is working with a mechanical.....but i dont have one and no one i know has one either....lol

Will check comp connections as well, just hope its not my VP goin south!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM

Dan....you BRILLIANT man you!!

I checked my COMP wiring and found my ground to be loose, tightened it back up and no more random loss of power.....also makes me feel better its not my VP going south on me!!

Now, lets figgure out my fuel pressure issue!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

also, i checked prices of a new sending unit and snubber just for my sake.....and i hope its not the sending unit.....as thats like 130 bucks!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you just go mechanical? Cheaper & more reliable than electric...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 PM

have a 95 12v with big dv's and twins needing to do the puel thing what PSI does the p pump require and what pump do you have for me thinking about 55 to 60 psi at wot does that sound right thanks alot