Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS vs Goerend

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS vs Goerend

Its time for a new tranny and I have narrowed it down between the ATS and a goerend. I hope someone has suggestions, problems, high points, ext. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:49 PM

the deciding factor for me was daves customer service and I couldn't find one complaint about his product on this or any other site. I did find some complaints about the ATS and a few others
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by pickupman96
Its time for a new tranny and I have narrowed it down between the ATS and a goerend. I hope someone has suggestions, problems, high points, ext. Thanks for the advice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
pickupman96:

I have "ATS Stage V Transmissions" in both my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve and also my 2006 Dodge CTD CR and am very happy with both of them. Actually, I have been running their transmissions in all my trucks since 2001. They are the only aftermarket transmission company that offers a five-disc torque converter. Although my 2006 has their older ATS Triple-Lok TC and it has worked flawlessly for over four years now. I initially ran the Triple-Lok in a 2002 I had and when I sold the 2002, I put the Triple-Lok in my new 2006! Saved a few dollars there. ATS offer a 3 year, 150,000 mile warranty on their transmissions. You may already know this, but here is their website if you are interested: www.atsdiesel.com. To see what kind of power they will hold, you can look at my "signature" below my name. Some members here may disagree with me on this, but I also recommend putting in both a billet INPUT and OUTPUT shaft when you order the transmission, especially if you are planning on drag racing or towing real heavy. In my 2002, I broke three (3) stock output shafts and one of them I wasn't really getting on it very hard either.

I can also tell you that there are alot of Members here and many of my friends that are running the Goerend Transmissions too. Dave is a good guy and builds a good unit too.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

---------
John_P
Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Yeah what John said lol. I run a goerends and love it, but I have seen a small portion of what he put's his ATS trannies through and I'll say they can hold some power.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:31 AM

I personally won't ever buy an ATS product... the stories I've heard about their customer service, or lack there of is all I need to hear to stay away from them.

Just my 2 cents though... take it with a grain of salt.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:48 AM

Goeredn all the way! hands down the best trans and customer service around, not to mention lifetime warranty on the converter.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:48 PM

goerend all the way. I love mine

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
I personally won't ever buy an ATS product... the stories I've heard about their customer service, or lack there of is all I need to hear to stay away from them.

Just my 2 cents though... take it with a grain of salt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW,.......I have had GREAT customer service from ATS.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love these transmission threads. I think there is a better way to get information regarding transmissions. Search the archives or ask the question in a different manner.

Something along the lines of:

I'm interested in Goerend. Could someone who uses the product tell me what you like or dislike about the transmission/customer service.

The A vs B transmission threads are a crappy way to gain information about a product. Inevitably you'll get someone who wants to grind axes instead of provide useful information.

If you're interested in more than two transmissions companies, start another thread!

And for what's it's worth.. I would say all of the transmission companies make a great product to get the power to the ground. Go to some drag races and ask around, I bet you'll be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't had a failure.

One of the things often over looked is the installer/builder relationship. That's key to being happy with which ever transmission you get.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Along the lines of what DTR Member Mike D. said, unless you actually have an ATS or Goerend Transmission, please don't post on this thread!

Thank you.

--------
John_P
Old 03-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Here is a little friendly REMINDER for everyone:

FORUM RULES:

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

This comes directly from the "Privacy Statement" that is at the bottom of every page on DTR. It is also the agreement every Member said they would follow when they became a Member here on DTR.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=John_P;1998620]Along the lines of what DTR Member Mike D. said, unless you actually have an ATS or Goerend Transmission, please don't post on this thread!

Thank you.

Is that correct or a miss quote?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Chapter President

I think John meant to say "don't".
Old 03-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

I was originally planning on going with the ats parts for my tranny, having what I thought was an installer that I kenew. turned out not to be a installer, just a supplier, so I went with Goerend. I had heard more about, and like the Goerend idea better all along, but did not think I could afford it. Low and behold through some decnt money coming in from snow removal work, I had enough,a nd found an installer only 120 miles away. I have had the tranny 5 days now and it makes all the difference in the world. Where the truck would just rev and hardly move, now it moves without hardly a though. Hauls but plenty good. still running conservitive programs, waiting on egt gauge instalation, and just need to update smarty to a wilder torque management since there is no more fear of tranny not being able to handle it. As for leaving experience out of the deal, I think that is a mistake, this is a part on a truck that should last a good ten years, and if service is a pita at the get go, just imagine worrying about that the whole time you drive that truck.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM

Dave Goerend all the , you can't go wrong there. 563-778-2719 Thanks Steve B.

Quick Reply: ATS vs Goerend