Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS vs DTT

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:ATS vs DTT

I use the ATS setup.<br>I was impressed when I first got to see the Triplelok design and got to see its 3 clutch disks.<br><br>So I bought the torque converter and valve body, then I upgraded to the full transmission.<br><br>The firm and on time shifts match my speeding ticket driving style! <br><br>--Justin
Old 04-11-2003, 10:39 AM

Don't forget to fill her up with Amsoil.... ;D

I run the DTT setup and like it. You can't go wrong with any of the mentioned tranny's...

Old 04-11-2003, 02:10 PM
DTR Advertiser

I currently own Dave Goerends set up and it is holding about 400+ hp with no problems. I have put about 15k miles on it with no problems. The main reason I went w/ his was the price but he has super service also. I did all my own installs and press settings/ testing. I got out with $1000 total for the converter, valve body, seals and bands and updates. The converter is a lot better than stock and stalls probably 600-700 rpm lower. I have rode in both ATS and DTT trucks and they both hold the power great also, its your money pick the one want. I feel all are a lot better than stock. Tim
Old 04-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

It pleases me to see that on this website we can all give<br>&quot;AC&quot; advice and suggestions without everyone getting<br>into an argument! And that is from members from ALL<br>the aftermarket transmission companies such as: ATS,<br>DTT, Goerend! That sure isn't the case on the &quot;other&quot;<br>site! <br><br>I commend all of the members that responded to &quot;AC!&quot;<br>Good job!! <br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 04-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Gonzo:<br><br>Thanks for the kind words buddy! You need to give<br>yourself a little credit too!! ;D Seriously though, I was<br>pleased to see how all the members answered &quot;AC&quot; so<br>well! IT IS what makes this site so good!<br><br>-------<br>John_P
Old 04-11-2003, 05:52 PM

I just got my truck back from shop where a nice new ATS trans was installed..That TQ is pretty amazing. You would almost think you're driving a manual, it pulls that hard. Shifts smooth, very precise. The back pressure on decelleration means no lag when you hit the throttle. No waiting for the TQ to lock up. Got to get used to it. I too was looking at the DTT..For me, it came down to location of installation. The cost is about the same. I live just outside of Stockton, Ca, where the ATS authorized shop is. The DTT shop is in Redding, Ca. Matter of conveinence.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's also BD-power. FMF, you could have come down to my neck of the woods for a BD install. Mello Company in Modesto sells &amp; installs 'em. It's a nice trans also. I'm passing time waiting for my stock tranny to go..I still got triple A to get me home when it has the final cry for mercy :'( .It's having a tough time holding what I got.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:37 PM

Do gauges,injectors DD11s atleast,Suncoast TC&amp;VB,Exhaust 4&quot;,If yours already has a HXTurbo you can just get a bigger exhaust housing that will help egts,then a box, Tires.Tires tires.<br>And a Scotty at sometime in the mix.<br> Danny
Old 04-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I just got the ATS set up as well man this triple disc is really something!.<br><br> I agree with the other guys here as well, Go with one of the mentioned vendors you have seen and you won't be sorry. They all specialize in this stuff and while each has a different approach,they all have many satisfied customers.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:24 PM

Top-<br>Did you get a stage IV set up or?
Old 04-12-2003, 01:02 AM

AC <br><br>I love my ATS torque converter and transmission. That TripleLok torque converter will not slip. The transmission is also rock solid the shifts are crisp and responsive. You couldn't go wrong with the ATS setup. However there are some other fine companies out there give them all a good look. You get the one that works best for you. <br><br>Edward<br>
Old 04-12-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Yep it's DTT for me- Just know DTT and no one else. I am very content, and would buy the next tranny from them again .
If possible go to a meeting and try the different trannies in trucks that come close to your bombing plans. Choose what you like best.
Then drive it and report your experiences- may they be good ( I wish you they shall be), may they be bad. By doing so you will help the next people in the same situation you are in now.

AlpineRAM
Old 04-16-2003, 09:39 AM

I bought all the DTT parts and put my tranny together (with Bill's help). It works great, and customer service was second to none. I do not like the &quot;banging&quot; shifts, other than that it is perfect. I have since had built a tranny with Goerend parts. It works great too, and the price was very good. Goerend makes a triple disc converter, next tranny I do will have one. I would like to ride in an ATS, Dodge. I have no experience whatever with them.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=Spark Chaser link=board=7;threadid=13459;start=15#127241 date=1050117884]<br>Top-<br>Did you get a stage IV set up or?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yes sir I got the complete tranny set up.

Quick Reply: ATS vs DTT