Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS vs DTT

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 08:00 PM
AC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS vs DTT

If you were to buy an aftermarket transmission / torque converter from one of these two providers, which would you use and why?<br><br>
Old 04-10-2003, 08:32 PM

Re:ATS vs DTT

I don't have either of the two yet but i'm leaning towards the ATS, that's as much as I will say!<br><br>*DRecu pulls Gonzo to him &amp; uses him as a Human Shield!* <br><br>DRecu!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:04 PM

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=20;threadid=13459;start=0#126700 date=1050024263]<br>Hand out the flak vests and Kevlar, here we go.<br>Transmission cheerleaders love these threads...... <br>[/quote]<br><br>[move]Gimme a &quot;T&quot;........Gimme a &quot;R&quot;.........Gimme an &quot;A&quot;........Gimme an &quot;N&quot;.........Gimme another &quot;N&quot;........Gimme a &quot;Y&quot;...............What's that spell? ;D[/move]
Old 04-10-2003, 09:20 PM
AC

Alright, how about an ATS TC with a DTT built transmission <br>
Old 04-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

AC:<br><br>Let me first welcome you to the website!! <br><br>I have an ATS Stage IV Transmission in my 96' Dodge<br>CTD which is pretty heavily BOMBED. You can look at<br>my modifications to see what I have done to the truck.<br>I have had the transmission in the truck for 30,000 miles<br>with no problems at all. The &quot;heart&quot; of the ATS tranny is<br>their &quot;TripleLok&quot; Torque Converter, which has three clutch<br>discs instead of one like the stock Dodge converter. <br>Overall, the &quot;TripleLok&quot; has 119 square inches of lock-up<br>clutch surface area, versus 34 on the stock converter<br>It also has a heavy duty billet cover. My ATS transmission<br>shifts very smoothly without the &quot;banging&quot; shifts some of the<br>companies have. Personally, I like that! <br><br>DTT also makes a good transmission as does Suncoast,<br>and Goerend. My suggestion would be to drive some of <br>the aftermarket transmissions and see which one YOU <br>like the best!! If you are ever in my area, you are more<br>than welcome to drive my truck! My son has a 2001<br>Dodge CTD 24 valve which also has the ATS Stage IV<br>transmission. His has performed very well also!<br>Here is the link to ATS Website: www.atsdiesel.com<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 04-10-2003, 10:17 PM

I got the Kevlar, and the Fire suppresion system is armed.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>alwayswatchingyo uStake
Old 04-10-2003, 10:25 PM
AC

I have 130K miles on my truck and it has held up well so far.. I want to do some mods so this is what I have on my list...<br><br>1) 3 Gauge pod, EGT / Boost / Pyrometer<br>2) Either ATS or DTT Transmission / Torque Converter<br>3) 5&quot; Exhaust from bigexhaust.com<br>4) K&amp;N intake<br>5) Bully Dog Injectors, haven't decided which level yet...<br>5) Power Edge Comp<br><br>What do you think? Will my truck be 'BOMBED' with all these mods?<br>
Old 04-10-2003, 11:52 PM

DTT is my choice, I think they have great products. ANYTHING is better then stock.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:54 PM

1. get EGT - Boost - Fuel Pressure ISSPRO look good in a 99<br>2. DTT best<br>3. 5&quot;?? 4&quot; complete from down pipe back is more than enough<br>4. Scotty II best<br>5. II or III's - II's would be plenty more diesel than your turbo can handle<br>6. PE Comp great choice
Old 04-11-2003, 12:06 AM
AC

Thanks for the great advice...<br><br>I have been reading about the Scotty II, looks like a nice setup... Would the Bull Doggy II's give me much more performance than the Marine (275HP) injectors? <br><br>Another post here has me wondering about the Blue Chip computer... Will my truck be faster than it's gasser counterparts when this is all done?<br>
Old 04-11-2003, 12:48 AM

275's are 40 hp<br>BDII's are 80 hp<br>BDIII's are 100hp and you'll be needing a bigger turbo to burn all the fuel and lower EGT<br><br>I just out ran a 2002 6.0 Chevy and got 2 mpg more towing 4800 lbs more than him.<br>Just out run a Honda Civic ricer. He got me out of the hole but I passed him going into 2nd and he never had a chance.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:54 AM
AC

OK here is the revised plan...<br><br>1. ISSPRO EGT - Boost - Fuel Pressure gauges<br>2. DTT Transmission / Converter<br>3. 4&quot; Exhaust<br>4. Scotty II intake<br>5. 275 Injectors<br>6. Power Edge Comp<br><br><br>$5500 should do it.. Ouch... Oh well, one step at a time. At least I have a plan of attack now...<br>
Old 04-11-2003, 01:56 AM

One more thing you might want to look at is your fuel system. I would at least throw a Carter Pusher pump on there, as that should keep you safe. ;D
Old 04-11-2003, 09:44 AM

Do the banjo bolt upgrade while you are at it. Helps the pump deliver the fuel - gotta help the pump as much as possible.

Quick Reply: ATS vs DTT