Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS twins

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS twins

I just got my ats twins!!!!! I am excited but at the same time EDIT!!!! First of all i have to buy manifold gaskets and there are no instructions. I called them and they told me the gaskets are available (EDIT), and i should call tech support for questions. Anybody ever deal with these turbos because i need questions answered.

Thnaks Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 04:48 PM

What kind of questions do you have?? Turbo's are turbos for the most part...and I've seen a lot of them

Chris
Old 08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Hmmm that doesn't suprise me about ATS.....I think they might have instructions on their website...I'm not positive but I think they do.

~Nick
Old 08-31-2006, 04:56 PM

Did they come with instructions? If not maybe their website has downloadable instructions? In no go again, you could always go to BD's website and download their install instructions on their super-b twins.....No, they're not going to be identical installs, but it should point you in the right direction if you don't know what all you are looking at. Keep in mind plumbing will be most likely be routed differently but basically start at the same place and end at the same place.

Good luck,
Old 08-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why dont you just call their tech support?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:44 PM

i called tech support and they will be getting back to me. But that isnt the point. The point is that it isnt the user friendly package it claims to be. Sorry but after i shell out 4500+ on turbos i expect instructions and gaskets. I know it is a pretty easy install asides from the fab for the bottom turbo drain i have to do but its nice to have a template to follow just to doublecheck everything. My main questions were about the drains which have answered. They will be getting back to me on wether i should use a T and drain both turbos into the stock drain or if i should make one in the oil pan. Also how to adjust the wastegate to 40psi. The only problem i have is i would like to paint my air supply lines but i dont know if i can use regular high temp paint or if i should get some special stuff?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:06 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Exhaust manifold gaskets can be had at Cummins for approx. 5US$ /pc. AFAIK they will also fit with the aftermarket manifolds.
Regular high temp paint (approc 200C) should be OK on the fresh air side, exhaust will require a high temp coating,
Turbo drain lines should be OK with a T, a Y would be preferrable IMO since Holset calls for a continous downslope on the turbo drain line. (shuld be applicable for all turbos IMHO)

HTH

AlpineRAM

Trending Topics

Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by inline6359
I just got my ats twins!!!!! I am excited but at the same time EDIT!!!! First of all i have to buy manifold gaskets and there are no instructions. I called them and they told me the gaskets are available (EDIT), and i should call tech support for questions. Anybody ever deal with these turbos because i need questions answered.

Thnaks Rick
If that's the kind of service that your getting from a high profile type vendor, and they are too cheap to throw in all the little thing's, and no direction's. Tell em your gonna box their crap up and send it back to em. These type's of vendor's need to tighten up. After all, we are the one's spending our hard earned money on their product's. Gary
Old 08-31-2006, 09:09 PM

i agree with wronway,pack em back up and send em back,if their customer service is that crappy they need to call you back with questions you have and cant even sell you a complete kit then spend your money elsewhere,thats alot of dough to spend and you should at least get a complete kit and some instructions,send em packinggg,at least you posted here warning others not to buy from them
Old 08-31-2006, 09:15 PM

Well i would but i really need these turbos. I haul way to much to be running this hot. I have what i want off of them so they will no longer getmy buisness but i dont think it matters now. LOL

The only issue i have right now is how i am going to put the bottom turbo drain into the oil pan. Does anybody know of anyplace that sells fittings for this?

Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 09:20 PM

this is excatly why you should send them back,if they would have sold you a complete kit you would be out enjoying your purchase instead of looking for parts asking questions here,glad you posted cause im in the market for a set of twins and now i know where not to get them,
Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 PM

did you read the other thread with the guy who bought a set of twins that came with everyhting he needed from clamps to screws and actual instructions.its rite below your thread
Old 08-31-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Turbo drain lines should be OK with a T, a Y would be preferrable IMO since Holset calls for a continous downslope on the turbo drain line. (shuld be applicable for all turbos IMHO)

HTH

AlpineRAM
i wouldnt do a Y or T drain.
I built myself a twin setup a time ago, and made a Y leading both drain hoses together, and i got a bunch of oil through the big charger seals!
(but aint sure if its cuz the turbo was bad or cuz the retrictive flow)
HTT suggests to have the drain hose angle at most 20 degrees.
i dont think you get that, if you lead it into the front, where the little turbo drains!
JMO
Old 08-31-2006, 11:42 PM

w/out at least some head studs you're not likely to enjoy them for very long, especially towing with them, unless of course you have the same lucky horseshoe that came in the oilpan on Chris's 95', over 300,000 miles & well over 50psi. on a stock headgasket wasn't it?????? yeah I could get away with that setup for the first few seconds!!!! LOL may be something to consider though??? Dusty
Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM

He was asking about wastegating at 40 so he is thinking about the hg.
Didn't Tim run stock hg/bolts with his twins for a year or so?

Quick Reply: ATS twins