Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

atp quiet kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy atp quiet kit

Need advice. I love my truck but am getting fed up with the in cab noise. I have been looking into to the ATP quiet kit, sounds like a great product but I wanted to get some real world opinions. Anyone have one of these?? Is it all they are cracked up to be?? Is it worth money?? Are there other options that work better?? Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2005, 10:34 AM

Seems like not many people have the quiet kit, so I will chime in. I installed the quiet kit (complete kit) this past summer before a 4000 mile road trip I had to make. When I first installed it, it seemed quite the disappointment as it was not nearly as quiet as what I was hoping for. This said, it did make a tremendous difference for longer road trips as the noise in the cab is definitely much more bearable than it was prior to the quiet kit. Not only that but my neighbors commented that they don't always hear me pull in to my driveway anymore whereas they always did before, so some improvement there as well. Is it worth the money spent? I would say definitely yes for me, but it's not cheap (I believe the prices went up just after I purchased my kit this summer) but it helped enough to make driving bearable for me.
On a side note I plan to soundproof the cab next summer as well with the following product to further reduce in-cab noise:
http://www.silentrunning.us/html/sr_500.html.
You might also want to check out thist hread:
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...ound+deadening
Sorry for the long post.
mishkaya
Old 11-01-2005, 01:52 PM

thanks for all the info. I may sound proof the cab first then go from there. Thanks again for the info
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Non members can only view the initial post on threads more than 5 days old. There are 104 additional replies on this thread that you could view if you were a member.

Nice note from TDR on thier paysite???
Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the Kit is excellent quality.

I stopped in to ATP when I was on the coast and was very impressed. They threw in installation so I did it.
I don't agree with their division of products between in cab reduction and outside noise reduction. I feel they all reduce noise inside.
The oil pan cover does as much for in cab as for outside...IMO. The turbo & downpipe cover are good noise reducers also but when I added HP, I found they increased EGT's!

I still use the oil pan cover, the Hood blanket and the Valve cover. I get many comments from other CTD owners that my truck sounds quieter than theirs.
It's more of a subtle difference, as stated above, as opposed to a big decibil reduction. I had the money at the time so I did it. Would I do it again....no. But that says more about my present finances than it does about the product.

In northern climates, the kit should aid in warmup time and easier startups, IMO.

RJ