Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone use a Kcover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use a Kcover?

Has anyone used a Kcover for their bed? (www.kcovers.com)<br><br>Just curious as I'm looking for some form of cover for the new truck. I had a cap on my last truck (Dakota Quadcab) which looked great, but the wife doesn't want the new one to look as big.<br><br>Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:10 PM

Re:Anyone use a Kcover?

Looks like a nice setup. I have a Lite Rider Tonneau Cover on my truck. It's pretty nice. <br><br><br>Tony
Old 06-09-2003, 03:47 PM

Looks identical to the Mopar Folding Hard Tonneau cover I put on my truck. It is available thru your dealer and is also in the 2003 Dodge Accessories by Mopar for Dodge Trucks brochure. I'd at least get a price from your dealer because if the dealer installs the cover it is covered by your new truck warrenty. I am very happy with my cover. If you have any other questions about it let me know and I'll try to help.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:38 PM

both of those look nice.....hmmmmmm A roll n lock has been on my list....I m waiting for sample s of there material....of the carbon fiber and the diamond plate but I thik Ill consider those also...<br><br>Anyone have a roll n lock? does it make noise?<br><br>
Old 06-09-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought the K-cover was great, until I saw this cover: http://www.pace-edwards.com/rolltop.asp. It is quite impressive, especially since they have integrated it with toolboxes and such so you don't have to have one or the other. Summit carries it. I'm savin for it because it runs around 700.00.<br><br>Chris
Old 06-09-2003, 07:31 PM

I have the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit cover. It rolls up inside a box that mounts in front (kind of like a roll top desk) Its reinforced with aluminum extrusions so its tough enough to stand on. I carry around a lot of tools in the bed and I feel real secure about it. Seems I paid about what they get for the kcover.<br>Tim
Old 06-09-2003, 07:33 PM

Thats the one I have Stamey. Seems to me I found it for around $600 with free shipping. I'll check my files and let you know. You'll love it,<br>Tim
Old 06-09-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote author=tlea link=board=7;threadid=15687;start=0#147548 date=1055205233]<br>Thats the one I have Stamey. Seems to me I found it for around $600 with free shipping. I'll check my files and let you know. You'll love it,<br>Tim<br>[/quote]<br><br>That would be GREAT!!<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris
Old 06-09-2003, 10:47 PM

Here is a link to my Pace Edwards. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...79&amp;pid=548<br><br>I like it but need to clean out junk out of the drain holes every couple months. Works great with my gooseneck as I can pull and lock it right in front of the gooseneck hitch so it can keep my hay dry or anything else. When locked it is good at stoping all but the most horizontal rain into the tailgate.<br><br>Just my 2c. Srigsl
Old 06-10-2003, 06:41 AM

NC Mog, <br><br>Check out &quot;Fold-A-Cover&quot;. I've had one for a year. No problems. High quality cover.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:48 AM

For the Pace-Edwards rolling cover, is the accumulated water drained off with drain lines? Where do these go? (hole in bed?) When you completely cover the bed and lock it, how is the tailgate secured?<br><br>My one beef with the Kcover are the seams. I'm partial to the low-profile, relatively smooth look of the rolling cover.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:59 AM

NC Mog, <br><br>You will hate a rolling cover in the winter if you get any amount of snow &amp; ice. I did all the research you're are going through and decided on the Fold-A-Cover. I wanted hard cover durability with soft cover convenience as I tow a fiver. Check them out. You won't be sorry.<br><br>Richard (Bulldog)
Old 06-10-2003, 05:09 PM
RJS

[quote author=NC_Mog link=board=7;threadid=15687;start=0#147441 date=1055184824]<br>Has anyone used a Kcover for their bed? (www.kcovers.com)<br><br>Just curious as I'm looking for some form of cover for the new truck. I had a cap on my last truck (Dakota Quadcab) which looked great, but the wife doesn't want the new one to look as big.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br>[/quote]<br><br> I just installed a &quot;K Cover&quot; on my truck. I had a topper on my previous truck. I took it off before I sold the truck and realized how much the topper obstructed my view. A friend had a K cover installed on his Ford so I thought I'd give it a try.<br><br> I believe that &quot;K Cover&quot; is just a dealer (with a mighty fine web site that answers most questions) for &quot;Advance Covers&quot; (http://www.advancecover.com/) The Advance cover looks very similar to &quot;Fold A Cover&quot; (http://www.foldacover.com/). In fact, they're made in the same town.<br><br> Anyway, I like the cover. More secure than a soft cover, easily folds up or is easily removed for hauling stuff. I had to trim the inside lip of my plastic, add-on bed rails in order for things to fit. Kind of tedious but worth the effort. You would want to check out to make sure things will fit if you have over the rails, spray on bedliners. The difference in drag between a topper and a bed cover is a reduction of around 22% if I remember correctly so maybe my mileage will be better.<br><br>Bob<br>
Old 06-11-2003, 05:06 PM

The roll cover has two drain tubes in the bottom of the box. Rain runs down rails and emptys into box and then goes out two drain tubes that go thru bottom of bed. Cover locks but you'll need to get a tailgate lock to completely secure it. <br>Tim