Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone try the $29.95 Fuel plate on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered a #10. Should see it in a few days. I'll be in Kansas thru Thursday. I get Friday off, so I'll be installing it Friday. I'll post later with results.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 PM

i ordered one #10 last year for a friend of mine was good the only problem i had was the boost "elbow" wasnt npt threaded so i had to get a die and thread it for npt threads other than that it worked almost as well as my tst #10 untill i ground down my stocker to a #0 then 2 months later pulled this plate out and ground it to a #0 for my buddie and the tst plate is on my wall of odd-ball cummins parts lol
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 AM

Wow - you could try ten of'em for what some vendors charged for one..........
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rebel5422
i ordered one #10 last year for a friend of mine was good the only problem i had was the boost "elbow" wasnt npt threaded
I had the same problem...couldnt install the boost elbow. I forgot to mention it because I already had one. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:09 PM

I just got my 0 plate today... It looks mighty fine ! Nice machine work. Can't wait to install it. I think my wastegate is rusted shut anyway...
Old 02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
DTR question asker

Whoa, thats a good price. Might have to order a #10 for my dad to put in his truck.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 PM

got my 0 plate today also, thanx for the heads up on the threading for the boost elbow, gonna install tomorrow.would have today but i got the pillar mount for my gauges and moved them instead. I like em up there!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM

got a wild hair at 9:00 last nite and installed it. just ran around the block. definitely goes a lot better. not a whole lot of smoke,but there is a big almost liquid looking black cloud for the first second or so when i punch it. egt rises quite a bit faster too. it was dark out tho. will play with it this morning and see how well it works
Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM

I remember the days when I bought my 98 12v in 98. Bought my first fuel plate for it for $450 dollars. TST #6 baby!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JohnBer
got a wild hair at 9:00 last nite and installed it. just ran around the block. definitely goes a lot better. not a whole lot of smoke,but there is a big almost liquid looking black cloud for the first second or so when i punch it. egt rises quite a bit faster too. it was dark out tho. will play with it this morning and see how well it works

Waiting on results.. I didn't get mine in yet
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 AM

I dont mean to hijack, but can one of you tell me what the differences in the fuel plate numbers mean? I would like to do a fuel plate mod after I install guages, but am confused about which one to go with. Seems to me that on TST's plates the #12 is the lowest hp gain, and the #10 is the highest gain. But what about the #0, #100 and #6 plates mentioned above?

Also, how does one decide on which # GSK kit to go with?

My truck is basically stock, and I wont mod it without guages, but I was thinking about the 3K GSK and an #11plate. hows that sound?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by STate
I dont mean to hijack, but can one of you tell me what the differences in the fuel plate numbers mean? I would like to do a fuel plate mod after I install guages, but am confused about which one to go with. Seems to me that on TST's plates the #12 is the lowest hp gain, and the #10 is the highest gain. But what about the #0, #100 and #6 plates mentioned above?

My truck is basically stock, and I wont mod it without guages, but I was thinking about the 3K GSK and an #11plate. hows that sound?
A "0" plate is the highest gain. Maximum fuel throughout the rpm range. A 10 plate defuels on the top and bottom. Do a search on fuel plates... you can read for days...lol
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM

Talking

imho just yank urs out grind it down smooth ste it back in full forward put the housing on full forward and crank the star wheel forward i had a number 10 plate with it in stock location and the afc in stock location and after a while i got bored with it moved it all forward got bored again finally ground down my stock plate put in in like it is in my sig and now again im gettin bored lol but hopefully when i get sticks and a big turbo i wont get as bored as fast lol also do the tst spring i put in the stiffer one of the two and do the washer mod and the afc foot mods and i think u will be happy until u want bigger sticks or more turbo to go with all the fuel just my 2 cents
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM

sorry i also forgot get that 5th gear nut and rail fixed and get ready for a new hd clutch my buddie has close to the same set up as me and he has the valair kevlar/ceramic 12.25 clutch and when he lugs it in fith gear at 25mph it will smoke out all lanes for a long time but it will not slip in his 4x4 im puttin down a little more hp than him and i want the full ceramic clutch from them cause if i get on it to hard, not lugging it down, it will slip like crazy and that clutch only has 2500 miles on it on ur gsk decision just go with the 4gsk, the 3gsk is not enough and i dont think the 5gsk is very well mannered on the street I dont know much about them cause i have yet installed one and if im wrong about the 5gsk some one will correct me i dont know much on these things i just know what works for me so please do correct me if im wrong
Old 02-22-2009, 01:24 PM

I just got the one i ordered. I'll probably throw it in tonight or tomrrow at work. What position should I set it? Ive got my stock plate 75% forward.
Whats that metal tap piece with two holes for? I havnt read directions yet.

Quick Reply: Anyone try the $29.95 Fuel plate on Ebay?