Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone Running Edge EZ w/Bosch 275s

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Running Edge EZ w/Bosch 275s

I've really, REALLY got the itch to move to up to Bosch RV275 injectors. They would really complement my set up, but I'm tentative because I don't want to prematurely kill my tranny.<br><br>No racing or tire smoking here. I'm just doing some moderate bombing to my truck to make it a more aggressive puller ... for our 28' travel trailer. I did upgrade to a high pressure DDT valve body when I added the EZ. Check signature for mods.<br><br>Anyone running this combo (EZ w/Bosch 275s) with a stock or near stock tranny? Let me hear about your experience and/or recommendations.<br><br>TY <br>
Old 06-12-2003, 09:19 PM

Re:Anyone Running Edge EZ w/Bosch 275s

I have an EZ and Bully Dog stage 1 injectors ;D I have had like that for just about a month or so. I can slip the tranny if i punch it from a stand still :'( But i do have 100,000 plus miles on a stock tranny I plan on getting a DTT soon ;D
Old 06-13-2003, 08:19 AM

BD, those 275's with the EZ is supposed to be a sweet towing set up. Shoot Push Rod a message.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:15 AM

Hay Bull Dog, <br> That's going to be my next mod., either 275's or DDII's. Please let me know how you like the set up. Thanks 8)<br>Big dawg
Old 06-13-2003, 09:49 AM

is there a mile EDM injector out there or are all the EDM guys still building showerheads?
Old 06-13-2003, 09:50 AM

that would be &quot;mild&quot; EDM injector...
Old 06-13-2003, 12:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Doug, EDMs are available in any flavor, and are superior to any other injector within a given power range. Most folks don't spend the $ for small EDMs because they are spendy.<br><br>The EZ and 275 might well be the official starter upgrade package for all CTD owners! It's VERY popular, and this is for a reason. It's cheap, it works, it won't detroy everything else, and gives you better mileage while still being able to pass off your truck as stock if you are into that kind of nefarity.<br><br>I went a little higher with DD2s because I wanted to make sure I FELT the difference, and I don't want to dive in and change injectors again anytime soon. I like them a lot.<br><br>If you can drive nice and easy, you can run the 2s without carnage. Shoot, 275s CAN fry a tranny alone-- transmissions are a crap shoot as what which will hold what level of power and so on. I never would have guessed that my stock clutch could hold 350rwhp but it is (for now at least).<br><br>Since you don't want that much performance, I think that the time-honored combo of EZ and 275s is EXACTLY what ou want...<br><br>HOHN
Old 06-13-2003, 02:16 PM

good comments Hohn. I've had my eye on the DDIIs. I don't mean to steel TY's thunder here and change the course of the thread, but the 275/DDII question is just a very compelling one. What I want is a towing animal without going to a larger turbo than the stock HX-35. I like the low boost fueling control of the comp in EZ mode, and the fact that I can change it on the fly. So I'm really more in your camp (EZ/II's) in terms of my performance goals.<br><br>Unfortunately for me, I can slip my stock clutch with just the EZ, so I have to wait for it to wear out before I switch to an OFE south bend. <br><br>I knew the EDM process is currently expensive, but perhaps that will come down over time to the point where the cost/benefit (say, EDM-1 versus DDII's) might be attractive, and the EDMs have some time under their belt. <br><br>How difficult is it, for the backyard mechanic, to change the injectors? are there detailed instructions out there? <br><br>As for the power level itself, I'm kind of worried about stress on the DEE tranny and if I needed any work on that they would probably not honor the warranty with the DDIIs in there :-)
Old 06-13-2003, 02:53 PM

Ther injectors are easy to change out I have a good set of instructions if you want a copy ??? It even has some pictures ;D Took me about 2 and a half hours from start to finish 8)
Old 06-13-2003, 03:24 PM

Gentlemen -<br><br>I ran them for about 3 months with a Banks kit. They really wake the truck up, and didn't hurt my stock trans. I eventually went to an ATS trans &amp; bigger everything. I still have the rv275's in case I need to go back for some odd reason..It will make for a good running truck..You can expect 20 + mpg..