Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone running an AFE 4" exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone running an AFE 4" exhaust?

If so, what do you think of it? How are the sound levels and how well did everything fit?

I'm in the market for a new exhaust system. The AFE system seems reasonably priced and I like the fact that the muffler is reversible. I'm looking for a system that will breath a little better, but won't wake up the neighborhood every time I fire it up. Yeah, It needs to sound GOOD, but not overly loud.

Thanks for your input!

Rob
Old 06-25-2008, 09:40 PM

That's what I'm using, got it in a package w/intake and tip. I bought it because the price was good(about $500 shipped), and sound was a little louder than stock as advertised which I wanted for not waking the neighborhood while plowing. Mine came w/strap style clamps, and had all the hangers welded on the pipes, pretty easy install. Mine is also "aluminized" metal, whatever that means, probably why it's cheaper.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 AM

Thanks for your response 94DK107. Where did you score the intake and exhaust for 500 bones......sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

So I take it you are happy with the AFE exhaust? Like you, I plow snow in the winter, usually all hours of the night, which is some of the reason for concern over the loudness of the pipe. I use the truck for work every day, and pull my boat or travel trailer on the weekends. Too much drone from the exhaust I may be able to tolerate, but listening to my wife complain about it, well, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Which way did you position the muffler? Did you try flipping it to see the difference in exhaust tone? Did you get the 4"X5" tip to go on it?

Sorry for all of the questions..... it appears not too many people run the AFE kit, so I'm hoping to get some real world feed back from someone who has.

Thanks again!

Rob
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM

Try this link.. http://www.tjdieselperformance.com/servlet/StoreFront

If I remember right, the muffler was designed to go on only one way with the tapers. I'm very happy w/it so far, the only noticeable noise increase is turbo whine from the intake . Give them a call and see if that's what you need.