Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone have a gauge kit from Vulcan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a gauge kit from Vulcan?

Looks like they have a pretty good package.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
DTR question asker

Yeah I got the ISSPRO 3 gauge a-pillar kit with EGT, Boost, and Trans Temp. They are the gauges with the amplifier boxes, so I had to make some space to install them under the steering column, but it wasn't all that hard. The boost gauge is mechanical and I hooked that up in all of 15 minutes.

The pillar went in easy too, though I had to make a little notch at the bottom for the electrical connections and boost line to come through.

It came with all the necessary hardware, and I also ordered the drill bit and tap which was like $7 extra. It worked great. You do need the tool the spin the tap with though, it doesn't include that, but since I had one it worked out fine.

The one problem I do have is I don't understand how or where I am supposed to hook up the transmission temperature gauge. Because I mounted the amplifier box under the steering column, and it doesn't seem to have a long enough wiring to reach the sender to even the stock transmission temperature port... So I guess I need to find some kind of extension?

Anyway, it is a good kit and I would recommend it. The A-Pillar pod I got was made by Glo-Shift, but all the gauges were ISSPROs.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 AM

I just put the Isspro set in Monday. (Egt,boost,fuel pres.)
Very nice kit, everything you need is included.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 AM

Vulcan is an awesome vendor! I have bought lots from him and will continue to do so. He is very helpful and knowledgable about our fuel systems.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Yeah Vulcan rocks. I got a line kit from them and a fuel pressure regulator/ return line.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:17 PM

My Walbro/big line set is from them...great vendor...
Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 PM

I have the isspro boost,egt, and fuel press. kit from them. Great kit! I think the pod could be of a little higher quality, but I can't complain over all. You will have to make up a wire harness for the gauge lights, but thats no biggie. Mine only had one mounting screw and cap for the pod, so I had to go to autozone and buy some plastic retainers and drill a couple holes in it to mount it to my old a-pillar trim.

Trending Topics

Old 01-31-2008, 02:33 AM

Yeah got the 3 gauge kit (boost, egt, fuel psi) Great kit, included everything except a fuelpsi snubber and some extra connectors for the lighting. Good prices, fast shipping, and good service...