Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

anyone buy injectors off EBAY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone buy injectors off EBAY?

I was just browsing through some ebay auctions for Bosch 275 injectors. I noticed that they are selling "new" sets of 6 for "buy it now" prices of $235-$250. I got susupicous, so I checked our links page for some highperformance shops, and most shops price them around $600 + a core charge.

are these ebay injectors legit? anyone have experience buying them? I am not interested in buying them, I want EDM's. I am just wondering how they are getting away with those prices.

I also noticed they are advertising 40% more horsepower! thats 94 more hp than stock!! 235 x .40 = 94
that cant be right when they are only advertised as a 40hp upgrade. I think that is false advertising.

please, someone correct me.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:57 AM

No correction from here.

Last year I bought a set of RV275s off of the internet for around $250. They came from a diesel injector shop in Utah. They had the right part numbers, appeared to be new and worked well. In retrospect I believe I was lucky. Reading some of the other ads you will find something to the effect that "our" injector part xxxxx is equal to RV275s, so they are not the actual part from Bosch.

FWIW - I liked the RV275s, but I really like the EDMs.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would discourage buying injectors off Ebay. There's just no accountability. You end up having to trust a complete stranger.

I have heard so many horror stories of people getting ripped off on Ebay. I would rather pay more to get the better long term value.

Stay away from the "ebay ******". If you call a vendor and they give you THEIR valuable time, then you should probably buy from them. Most of the guys who are vendors here will treat you well, and you will be happier in the long run if you establish a relationship with them.

There's a LOT more to value that just price!! (that's why I avoid Wal-mart almost all the time).

Justin
Old 01-22-2004, 09:36 AM

I agree Justin. Thats why I posted this. Hopefully this will help someone who doesnt know about these things.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:21 AM

I bought a set of 275 from the same place as gandrews for my dads 2000 24v when he had a stock one go bad. These were Bosch injectors new in the box. I didn't trust the sellers with brand x that are the "same as Bosch".
Old 01-22-2004, 05:33 PM

Give Rod at Wildcat or one of the other fine vendors on here a call, you'll be surprised what you will learn. And they will be here after the sale.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:59 AM

i had bought some from ebay bosch 370's, and YES THEY ARE LEGIT !!!!!
my truck is twice as fast as before ive seen a major increase all the way around!they were also bosch injectors it said right on them. just my 2 cents thanks.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:09 AM

Buyer beware....

Matt
Old 01-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Muted User

The injectors that come from utah that are sold on ebay come from a reliable source. I know the guy that sells them, and is a stand up guy. They can sell them for so cheap because he runs a bosch injection service shop. And gets them at a pretty low cost.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Banned

For the most part I would avoid Ebay injectors. Contact member's DonM or MCumminngs for options on streetable injectors.

J.R.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:18 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are some good sellers on E-bay for discount injectors. The folks in Utah are just fine.

The ones to avoid are the RV275 knock-offs. They look like RV275's, but are not Bosch. I have a set here I brought in to look at. I hoped for a cheaper alternative for the RV's. That hope was wiped away when I disassembled them Inferior metalurgy, machine work, hole size and the location of the holes is not even close enough for government work LOL!!

Somewhere between pride and just plain remembering the Cummins is a great little engine I cant help to think it deserves at least a stock Bosch injector.

Don~
Old 01-24-2004, 04:20 PM

I think you can learn a lot buy there "Feedback" take the time to do the research on what they sell normally and what's on there other auctions ...... I don't think you would want to buy them from someone's other auctions selling plates and teddy bears and just has 1 set of injectors mixed in ..
Old 01-24-2004, 04:38 PM

Good point propinc.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:26 AM

I just bought a set of Bosch RV275 injectors on Ebay. I read a lot here about the knock off injectors that are on Ebay. I think they are the "HP" brand, and looked until I found the real deal. I bought the injectors and they were new in the box Bosch injectors. I installed them and they work fine.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gsdog1
Buyer beware....

Matt
Not saying that EBAY is a bad place, but gsdog1 is correct! Buyer Beware.

Personally I have chatted and delt with a couple of our vendors here at the site and I am glad to give them my hard earned cash. A world of info at anytime you wish to ask them a question. They know your money is hard earned and they will go outta their way to earn theirs.

Quick Reply: anyone buy injectors off EBAY?