Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anybody have a Goerand Tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have a Goerand Tranny?

Anybody have one? How happy are you with it? Right now I am in the process of dealing with them, so is MnTom, just wondering if anybody has one, how many miles, what kind of miles (towing, offroading, sled pulling ? No need to spark up the tranny war, just wondering on how they are doing

Thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM

Mat, did you talk to them about shipping you a tranny? That seemed to be about the easiest way when I talked to them. We didn't get around to prices though. Sometime this week I will try to get a price for shipping one up here.
Tom
Old 03-10-2004, 09:05 PM
DTR Advertiser

Great tranny, great guys to deal with. I have had his upgrades in mine since Sept of 02. About 20k miles and no problems all over 400 hp. Dave will bend over backwards to help and give you his home number if you are doing the install after hours. Tim
Old 03-10-2004, 10:06 PM

Well, Mr. Tom-
Are you getting yours ASAP, or can you wait? The reason I ask, is I PLAN on doing mine within 2 months, depending on how much business we get out of a lawn & garden show. I am just going to go down and pick one up, or drop mine off for a rebuild. If you get yours around that time, I could just pick yours up, too, and you could come pick it up from my house. You could save a few bucks on shipping that way. Just throwin around ideas.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:48 PM

That ain't a bad idea, Matt. Sounds like a good excuse to have some sort of chapter party!! I have not made any decisions yet, I was planning on a DTT tranny, but, things didn't work out for me. I guess surgery will do that to ya...............3 1/2 months of no work sure takes a bite out of your income.
Tom
Old 03-11-2004, 06:10 PM

Yeah, I tried calling them twice today, no answer. I'll try again. It basically sounded like it would be easier to take a 96 or newer tranny and just slap it in my truck. Still a little confused on that, 'cause aren't 96 and newer electronically controlled vs. my hydraulic? Anyway, if you are going to buy a new one, maybe I could just buy yours and have them look it over? It is kinda confusing, they said that since just about all of my internals would have to be upgraded, I might as well get a newer tranny. I'l see what they say tomarrow... You better not be hanging up their phone all day
Old 03-11-2004, 06:34 PM

PM Cowhand...He'll giva ya the skinny on this unit...
Old 03-11-2004, 07:38 PM

got a couple of weeks on mine and love it.i just did the con and vb tho.shifts are very firm,but dont break your neck or anything.con is really tight and gives the truck the feel that the truck is trying to outrun the motor now,,if that makes sense.instead of the motor spinning away and the truck trying to keep up it really keeps the motor loaded and you get the full use of your power.hope you enjoy it,,bama
Old 03-11-2004, 07:47 PM
DTR Advertiser

Dave called me this afternoon and told me he had hurt his back this week, so he has not been getting around well. Try and call him tommorrow he should be at the shop. I am doing some testing for him and he said between hurting himself and a big work load he has been real busy. He usually answers e mails at night also. Tim
Old 03-11-2004, 11:31 PM

Little over 5K miles on it, and it seems to run like a swiss watch. Can't say enough about Dave and Bob, customer service is stellar. Be prepared to spend at least half an hour on the phone with Dave, even with a simple question. He knows this trans in his sleep.

Price was several hundred less than the nearest competitor, I had it shipped to my local freight terminal. I'm pushing close to 300 HP and I typically spend an inordinate amount of time waiting for the EGT to come down before shutting down. In other words, it gets driven pretty hard.

The down side is the trans has pointed out the need for new injectors and a bigger turbo........

PS, depending on the mileage of your stock trans, it might be cheaper to get a whole new trans. Labor+hard parts+goodies might end up costing you just as much. New trans means less down time waiting for yours to get rebuilt.....