Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Any special instructions to replace AD100 filter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any special instructions to replace AD100 filter?

Just lookin for any tips or special instructions on chnaging out a AirDog 100 fuel filter. It looks pretty straight forward. But I've fallen victim to that a few times...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 AM

I use a set of locking plyers (needle nose vice grips) to gently pinch off the supply line from the fuel tank, then remove the skid plate, as there is not enough room to replace the filter.
then remove the water seperator filter first spin the new one on so that its loose at the top, release the plyers, withing 15seconds or so fuel will start leaking around the filter gasket area, once I have a steady fuel leak I then tighten up the filter. then I repeat the same procedure on the second filter, all this does is make sure the filters are full of fuel.

there is a thread floating around about the water seperator filter, the Airdog ones have be updated to a luberfine strainer, and is identified as having a metal wing nut on the bottom, if yours has a plastic drain valve DONT use it

its not susposed to look like the filter drain on the right

Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 AM

Thanks nickg. Ill be doing this in the next few days. On another note, I have found no problems with the filtration capabilities thus far. But I guess time will tell.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM

Vice Grip makes a set for this, they have jaws that are rounded off that do not hurt the line. Kind of like doing it with two pencils except steel.

Originally Posted by nickg
I use a set of locking plyers (needle nose vice grips) to gently pinch off the supply line from the fuel tank, then remove the skid plate, as there is not enough room to replace the filter.
then remove the water seperator filter first spin the new one on so that its loose at the top, release the plyers, withing 15seconds or so fuel will start leaking around the filter gasket area, once I have a steady fuel leak I then tighten up the filter. then I repeat the same procedure on the second filter, all this does is make sure the filters are full of fuel.

there is a thread floating around about the water seperator filter, the Airdog ones have be updated to a luberfine strainer, and is identified as having a metal wing nut on the bottom, if yours has a plastic drain valve DONT use it

its not susposed to look like the filter drain on the right

Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just removed the filter with the new one ready to go..
but I didn't tighten the new one on all the way then bumped the started..as fuel started to come out tightened the rest of the way..
I used oil filter pliers from harbor freight

-dkenny
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. I got another question for ya...has anybody ran there fuel psi gauge right off the air dog pump It self? Mechanical or Electrical gauge? How hard was it? Can I order everything needed from one scource?