Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Any Mileage increase with Edge Juice w/ attitude

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so do you notice a difference between 3x5 and 5x5 without the pump tapped ? does the fuel come on sooner ?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:42 PM

i get the best milage on 5x5 if i drive it right i get 19, on level 3x5 i get 17.5 on the freeway i get 24mpg on either setting 3x5 or 5x5 but no differance than stock when i have it below 3x5
Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by powermad
i get the best milage on 5x5 if i drive it right i get 19, on level 3x5 i get 17.5 on the freeway i get 24mpg on either setting 3x5 or 5x5 but no differance than stock when i have it below 3x5
Do you have your pump tapped?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zeus1987
so do you notice a difference between 3x5 and 5x5 without the pump tapped ? does the fuel come on sooner ?
Not sure about a difference btwn 3x5 and 5x5 but I definitely find the fuel to come on way quicker than stock. Seems to be a surge of power and then flattens out at higher rpms. Not too crazy about it flattening out but it will probably pull a bit harder with a trailer behind it.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 PM

does it flatten out at around 2700 rpm ? that is the normal defueling point on the juice. with the hot unlock it bumps up to 3200 i believe
Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Somewhere around 2700 sounds about right. Not real sure though.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:17 PM

I believe those who posted using duel numbers (ie 3x5) are NOT using Edje Juice boxes. They are probably running drag comp boxes. My experence has been running on stage 3 i have gained an average of .6 mpg. Not a dramatic mileage gain, but huge performance gain. And thats what i was after.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 AM

The edge juice with attitude programmers feature 5 levels (6 with hot unlock). With those five levels are five sub-levels (on my attitude monitor they are under "low end responsiveness" ) so when we say 3x5 that is level 3 with sub level 5 fueling which is maximum fuel no matter what the boost is.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM

yes i have the pump tapped and its the comp not hot unlock. i fuel to 3000 rpms on the dyno. on 3x5 i only get to 34psi of boost and on 5x5 i get 39psi it fuels a lot harder on 5x5 but its a lot smoother on 3x5 and egts rise a lot faster on 5x5. i think that 4x2 is a good meeting point for power and daily driving.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM

5x5 gave me 15.5 mpg with an air filter and fuel filter that needed to be replaced. That is a 2 mpg improvement so far. Now I have a BHAF and new fuel filter installed but am towing more again since work is picking up. Don't know if I'll be seeing much better mpg's pulling a trailer
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by southpawarcher
I believe those who posted using duel numbers (ie 3x5) are NOT using Edje Juice boxes. They are probably running drag comp boxes. My experence has been running on stage 3 i have gained an average of .6 mpg. Not a dramatic mileage gain, but huge performance gain. And thats what i was after.
Is that the same as the "Low Boost Fueling Adj"? What version are you running?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM

you prob have the 410 rear end. Thats what I have and if I can get better than 17 im pretty happy. I can only do that on really long trips. But I wold also like to know what 3x1 and 4x5 and that stuff means. I am seriously considering buying a juice with attitude so im reading any thread I see that talks about em.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Coop
you prob have the 410 rear end. Thats what I have and if I can get better than 17 im pretty happy. I can only do that on really long trips. But I wold also like to know what 3x1 and 4x5 and that stuff means. I am seriously considering buying a juice with attitude so im reading any thread I see that talks about em.
I have 4.10 gears. The best I have gotten is 16 but I have only ran maybe 2 or so full tanks in the last year and a half without a trailer hooked up at one time or another.

I love how many different parameters you can monitor with the attitude monitor. Power is OK. Mileage increase is a plus. I do not have the pump tapped so I'm only getting half of what it has to offer. If these injection pumps didn't have such a big vagina I would tap the pump and live it up.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by mudwisr2
I have 4.10 gears. The best I have gotten is 16 but I have only ran maybe 2 or so full tanks in the last year and a half without a trailer hooked up at one time or another.

I love how many different parameters you can monitor with the attitude monitor. Power is OK. Mileage increase is a plus. I do not have the pump tapped so I'm only getting half of what it has to offer. If these injection pumps didn't have such a big vagina I would tap the pump and live it up.
I debated wether or not I should tap the pump, I too use my truck as my income, I put a new pump on back in May 08 and did not want to ruin it, then I fiqured the newer VP's are susposed to be better, But its still a crap shoot, A VP can fail wether its tapped or not, and what the heck its only 2hrs work and 1000$.

Heres my suggestion start putting some cash away for a VP anyway, once you fiqure you have a little cushion stashed away. TAP the pump and wait for the pump to give up the ghost. In your post you said "power is OK" once you Tap, you will not ever utter that statement again!!
I have no regrets tapping mine. if the VP fails, it fails I'll put another on and tap it again...do you think I'm hooked?? I cannot go back to stock or even EZ power. My only regret was I should have bought the Juice/A when I orginally bought the EZ
(background chant...tap ...tap...tap)
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 PM

I was just about to Post about mileage gains : ) thanks all for your input, I am still playing with mine, O and my chip too...I noticed a big difference. I just got mine back from Edge they updated it and checked it out since I bought it used I wanted to be sure...By the way edge is an AWESOME company!! They sent me a harness for free...Updated and checked it all for free and are good people to talk to. For the last 8 months I have been running it on 3x5 but lately have been running 5x5 to test the mileage difference. I love the 5x5 for its driveability, the tranny shifts alot better and the power is awesome I drive pretty easy most of the time and use hardly any throttle to get up to speed on 5x5. Another thing I just did was sent an oil sample in to have tested to check my engine wear and for other possible problems like fuel and water in the oil, since I bought my truck used with 124000 on it. It all came back A O.K. with a 5000mile interval oil change. Actually the guy who tested it at Altofer is going to call me tomorrow to let me know what all the test showed exactly, I would recommend it, for $12 it is a good insurance and its amazing what they can tell just by an oil sample.

Quick Reply: Any Mileage increase with Edge Juice w/ attitude