Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Another torque plate question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of more questions. First, if i do get the #5, what would happen if i push it full forward vs in the stock position. Second, what exactly am i looking at when i looked at the tst power chart. I just want to make sure that i am making the right decision that way i dont have to buy another motor.
Gary
Old 10-12-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnsjas
Txdiesel007

I tired to make a 0 plate and it didn't seem to help my truck. There was no extra smoke or go. It looks like you also ground the mounting part of the plate. What does this do, and do i need to do this to get more power?
plate was a gift from a friend

dont know reason or logic behind that. If the zero didnt wake your truck up, id say ur timing is whack, with mine, it is a night and day difference from the banks plate...

Tx
Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by RedRider
Just a couple of more questions. First, if i do get the #5, what would happen if i push it full forward vs in the stock position. Second, what exactly am i looking at when i looked at the tst power chart. I just want to make sure that i am making the right decision that way i dont have to buy another motor.
Gary
full forward from stock position

can best be defined simply as more fuel, the more fuel you have, the higher your EGTS will usually be if you have an inefficient turbo, by which i mean one that does not clean up the air enough, Smoke, in accordance to gale banks is wasted power, it looks cool, but with the right turbo you can turn it into usable power, not diesel out the tail pipe.. Oh i love smoke, i think his so called "self immortality and diesel guru" is a crazy idea, heck i run REMNANTS of his products cause i wasnt satisfied with them to begin with (well 100 percent at least AFTER I FOUND this site) it is better to have too much plate than to say dang i shoulda bought the other one, You can just put it farther back than full forward and play with it, like most guys do.

Good luck and if i was you id go with the 5 plate...

Tx
Old 10-12-2005, 10:22 PM

thanks guys, Ill probably go with the #10 cause Im not too sure how to grind the plate and dont want to take any risks of messing something up again. What is everyone's thoughts on the #8, is there much diffenece in performance wise or not. Again many thanks.
-Gary
RedRider: If you want to see what the different plates look like side by side, I have a pic of all three in my gallery.

Dusty
Old 10-13-2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
plate was a gift from a friend

dont know reason or logic behind that. If the zero didnt wake your truck up, id say ur timing is whack, with mine, it is a night and day difference from the banks plate...

Tx
Well I have a stage 4 plate from bullydog and my truck already runs like a rapped ape, I just wanted more.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Great Pics Dusty.....

Old 10-13-2005, 07:02 PM

sweetness, thanks for the input everyone. I went ahead and bought the #5 and am going to try to wait to install it after my guages, but i have to put another $1200 into it for my front end before all of this will happen. so who knows when ill be putting it in, Im still on that college student budget.
-Gary
Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM

, Im still on that college student budget.
-Gary
Been there too long buddy

hope to be done in Dec...

Tx
Old 10-13-2005, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
Great Pics Dusty.....
Thanks CTD Nut. Figured they might come in handy some day.

Dusty
Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 PM

tx,
yeah i am suppose to be done this may, but stuff happens, failed a couple of classes and had to transfer, now i only have half of my credits. looks like im on the 6 year plan. haha
-Gary