Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one bites the dust

Well, my 4th fuel pump is dead. My PE pump finally bit the dust tonight. Ever since I did the lift, if the truck sits for more than a day, then it dies for a second, but as soon as you restart it, it's fine. Well, tonight, it did it again and it won't come back. So the Holley Blue is going on tomorrow morning, and the PE pump is going to Product Engineering for the update and it's sitting in the back seat. I was gonna save my christmas money for a comp but it looks like the FASS system is going in now. On another note, there's a guy up here who is looking to trade his pristine LS1 Trans AM 6 spd for a diesel truck. Maybe I'll get my truck running and then just give it to him. I'm tired of messing around with this crud. This is my FOURTH fuel pump. FOURTH!!!!!! That's freaking ridiculous. And I'm stock. It's been a great day. I've got a pop in my suspension I can't find, a dead fuel pump, a crappy day at work, and my date backing out on me to go see a movie with her brother. I'm going to kill somebody.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:15 AM

It will be alright big guy, Thats what I heard for quite some time when the ghost kept tearing my truck apart. First it was my stock suspension that bottomed out when I held my mouth wrong. So in with the 4.5 skyjacker. Now it pops. Second it was a weak trans. In went the suncoast. Now it slips when it shifts. Third its the egts. Guys with same mods. are ok. Im not! I could keep goin with little probs. Ive had but why? They can all be worked out of the truck with time and help from wise ones in these threads. I couldnt get rid of mine for the little problems it had and does have, its to fun to race around in (when its all working right). besides chicks dig it!

Hang in there, Mooseman
Old 10-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Quit whining and suck it up. Could you imagine yourself sitting that low to the ground, not having all that torque, and the sweet sound of a Cummins? I think not. Plus, you'd have the lowest sitting vehicle in the driveway, now we don't want that now do we? Take it like a man and BOMB that thing.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:57 AM

Right On DD4x4!

Quit Whining, and don't even think about trading a Cummins for a car, even though it is an LS1 6spd TA.

This darn 2wd I have pops, rattles, cackles, shakes, and rides rougher the crap (BTW, all the noise comes from the clutch ), but I wouldn't trade it for the world, has too much "character "

Chris
Is it just me, or did "it" just get real deep in here, REAL quick
Old 10-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Banned

I might have the lowest, but I'll also have the fastest. And that my friend, is always a good thing. Plus I can get 20-25mpg on the highway at 80 is a nice bonus as well.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:40 PM

I would forget the Fass, it's another electrcal pump. Go with the Rasp & be done with changeing out lift pumps.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Banned

The Holley Blue is in the truck right now. When I first installed, I had it turned around backwards. After I got that fixed, I got the truck fired up and the gauge was spiked at 30 psi. Figured out that the bypass plunger was in backwards. It's now sitting at 14 psi at idle and 12 at WOT. Let's hope this one will last a little while. I've got it mounted on the outside of the frame rail right now cause the bolts are hitting the inside of the frame and not allowing my bracket to fit so I'll have to fix that tomorrow. But for now, the truck is on the road. Now it's time to find that T/A.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
I might have the lowest, but I'll also have the fastest. And that my friend, is always a good thing. Plus I can get 20-25mpg on the highway at 80 is a nice bonus as well.
Not if I have anything to say about it, bought a 70 Chevelle tonight. A little work, and bring on that TA.

I think you'll still beat the mileage, though. 1/4 tank on the way home

Chris
Old 10-31-2004, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by signature600
Not if I have anything to say about it, bought a 70 Chevelle tonight. A little work, and bring on that TA.

I think you'll still beat the mileage, though. 1/4 tank on the way home

Chris
A dual disk and a CHEVELLE in one week???
YOU'RE MY HERO!!!

brandon.

(runs around looking for Chris' money tree)
Old 11-01-2004, 12:24 AM

Anyway I can get in on that money tree too???
Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Banned

Chris, I hate you. My dream car is a 70-71 Chevelle 454 SS with a 4 spd. Of course, mine will have a "little" work done to it to.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:21 AM

Sweet, People envy me

No money tree here, just used up every single bit of the BOMB fund. I'm done on the truck for now, and the car is in the very early planning/budgeting stages. I think I'm addicted

Chris
Old 11-03-2004, 11:00 AM

I would go with either the AIR DOG or the Fass....Forget all them other crap.We havent had a single problem with the AIRDOG ont he race truck...