Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Another cam (fuel) plate question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another cam (fuel) plate question

If you were to move the cam plate in a 12V forward, would it be leaner or richer? What about moving the AFC forward, Rich or lean?

Also, what is a 100 plate? Are they a home brew? What do the HP & lb ft numbers look like with one of these?

Thanks,
Don
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned

Moving the plate towards the front of the engine adds fuel. A #100 plate is a Hot plate that isnt recommended for stock trannies and clutches.. It adds lots of fuel. Yes they are a grind your own.. Here is a pict...

Old 06-07-2006, 04:53 AM

I have a 100 plate on my truck similiar to the picture above. My question is, do you think there is any fuel to be gained by grinding back further after the intial ramp up?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 AM

Are there templates for gringing your own fuel plate?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by squirlchasr919
I have a 100 plate on my truck similiar to the picture above. My question is, do you think there is any fuel to be gained by grinding back further after the intial ramp up?

I tried that on my own plate...went just a hair past the upper mounting surface and I did not seem to feel any difference. When I felt a HUGE difference is when I ground off the ramp up completely, which made mine a #0 plate. I am on the stock clutch and it is borderline holding up!!

Originally Posted by Ironstone
Are there templates for gringing your own fuel plate?
Yes there are, but it is completely trial and error since these are custom ground by each individual owner. You can play with the grinding a bit here and there to your liking, but here is a picture with the basic profiles.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:41 AM

12Valve2nv

Wow, that is an awesome sketch. I had never seen one before. I have mine ground to a 0. Thanks for the sketch. Very informative.

12VSuburban
Old 06-09-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by 12VSuburban
12Valve2nv

Wow, that is an awesome sketch. I had never seen one before. I have mine ground to a 0. Thanks for the sketch. Very informative.

12VSuburban
Thanks for the kudos....but this sketch actually came from a DTR member....I just don't remember which one. If anything, you can thank me for saving it and hosting the pic
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM

do a search on fuel plates and take the weekend off to read it

anyways think of the plate as a throttle stop....ur lever arm in the pump does not start on the plate...it starts back from it.....as u use light throttle the arm moves slightly forward but may not ever touch the plate....BUT when u use full thottle the arm goes forward and is "stopped" by the plate and the shape of the plate...so durign full throttle u slide along up the plate ....that is the fueling u get as rpms increase....so as u can imagine the shape possibilities are endless

but unless ur mashing full throttle all the time u may never even touch the plate and the shape is irrelevant which is alos why u can still have the same fuel economy whether u have a stock plate or a flat plate
Old 06-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 12valve2nv
Thanks for the kudos....but this sketch actually came from a DTR member....I just don't remember which one. If anything, you can thank me for saving it and hosting the pic
It actually came from infidel, but I seriously doubt he would care that others are using it to help people...
Old 06-10-2006, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mr T
do a search on fuel plates and take the weekend off to read it

anyways think of the plate as a throttle stop....ur lever arm in the pump does not start on the plate...it starts back from it.....as u use light throttle the arm moves slightly forward but may not ever touch the plate....BUT when u use full thottle the arm goes forward and is "stopped" by the plate and the shape of the plate...so durign full throttle u slide along up the plate ....that is the fueling u get as rpms increase....so as u can imagine the shape possibilities are endless

but unless ur mashing full throttle all the time u may never even touch the plate and the shape is irrelevant which is alos why u can still have the same fuel economy whether u have a stock plate or a flat plate

This is true,

but if your governer arm isnt adjusted, or the arm travels under the plate, well then you have issues, cause it would cause the truck to bog down more than anything..

Rick
Old 06-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im still baffled on how these designs cut into the fuel plate function.

anyone?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b.lee
im still baffled on how these designs cut into the fuel plate function.

anyone?
Basiclly they allow the governer arm to travel farther (just as sliding the plate forward does) and inject more fuel. Particullarly at low RPM.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

Here is a link to a cutaway of the pump, it really helped me understand how things work together. http://www.cumminsdatabase.com/read.php?id=182