Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Another Adrenaline ? SORRY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Another Adrenaline ? SORRY!

Ok, been searchin and have found nothing on what i have going on, so here goes, theres a few things actually.....

1. I have the warm up mode off on the pulse, and it still kicks the rpms up to 12oo, and this is when the truck is at 195!! VERY annoying when at a drive through or a light??

2. My water temp will not read over 204.. is this normal? after that it goes to 0??

I just did the updates on the pulse and the AD yesterday, but these problems i've had for awhile, any ideas. I just got back from Iraq and havent had a lot of time to figure this box out. Thanks for any info..

Capn
Old 11-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you download Pulse version 1.3.2? What tune you running? Still does those things after updating?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by CapnRam
Ok, been searchin and have found nothing on what i have going on, so here goes, theres a few things actually.....

1. I have the warm up mode off on the pulse, and it still kicks the rpms up to 12oo, and this is when the truck is at 195!! VERY annoying when at a drive through or a light??

2. My water temp will not read over 204.. is this normal? after that it goes to 0??

I just did the updates on the pulse and the AD yesterday, but these problems i've had for awhile, any ideas. I just got back from Iraq and havent had a lot of time to figure this box out. Thanks for any info..

Capn
1.) If you have high idle turned on in the pulse and you are at PL00, it will raise the revs regardless of water temperature. I am assuming this is the case. We did this intentionally for the guys running stuff of their truck for work and such.

If that is not the case, let me know but, I am guessing that almost has to be it?

2.) I have never actually heard of this but, one of our test trucks does it, if that makes sense. I am not sure if it is the coolant sensor itself that does it, or if it is actually our problem. I have never dug into this because the truck it happened on did not get that hot unless we were intentionally getting it there, and I have never had a customer have the issue. Our other trucks do not do it.

I would curious to hear if anyone else has ever had this. I will do a little research on this tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 PM

yes i have the pulse ver. 1.3.2.. and i am on level 5, 8, 10.. and it still does it, i went in and turned it off, then went and set the timer off..and it still does it, very annoying when i'm sitting at a light at 195 and all the sudden the the r's head to 1200,, then i have to mash it to get it off that....grrrr.. as for the temp issue i thought i had a thermostat problem, because when the pulse shows 0, i lose heat, but the dash shows 200 or so then it starts dropping, pulse starts reading and i get heat again?? i changed the stat but pulse still doing the same thing, water in rad. is good, no leaks?? Thanks for looking into this, i like this box, just not very educated on it.. i did load the last update for the AD yesterday. Went into the tuning section on the pulse and have no idea what pump stretch or timing or can this and that is, so not forsure what is loaded right now? is there a place i can go to read up on all that for some understanding on this stuff... thanks again..

Capn
Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you may have a bad connection or a bad temp sensor causing this issue. I see that you have Smarty in your sig. Once Smarty is loaded once into the ecm, you have high idle enabled...even after you've returned to stock. Being you are in Montana, I'd imagine its a little nipply.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Look for a thread call some thing like "adrenaline custom tuning" it was up on the first page of threads not to long ago and in there quad( at least I think it was him) has a very good explanation of what does what
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 PM

high idle wont work on my truck at all. i have all the latest updates downloaded every time they have come out! i remember hearing something in the begining about it not working on ccertain years but i thought it was fixed
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 PM

I dont think this is the smarty, it usually has to be pretty cold for the smarty to kick in...plus this hi idle is kickin in when i'm at 195!! or higher! SOOO?? Guess i'll play with sometime in the future, its elk chasin time now :-) !!

Capn