Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

angry tractor sound! :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
angry tractor sound! :D

well I finally started on upgrading my exhaust. pulled my turbo-muffler exhaust out along with my banks cat-back 3.5" pipe/muffler. so far I've gotten the 4" downpipe on but have not gotten around to running a few more feet of 4" pipe quite yet I love it, even though it's absolutely obnoxious and annoying; the scream of an angry tractor is heard by EVERYONE within a half mile radius when I romp on the throttle! then I can hear the turbine spool down when I let off, it's a beautiful thing.
pretty soon I will be running some more 4" pipe back and I think I want to turn it out in front of the rear tire. I've had a lot of clearance issues offroad with the previous exhaust pipe being behind the wheel.
then I'll see if it resonates too much for me in the cab, if so I'll put some sort of resonator or high flow muffler on it to make it bearable on long road trips.
that's all for now, 3k GSK and valve adjustment is on the next paycheck.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 PM

I like angry tractor sounds too. When people look up when passing it brings a whole new meaning to WHAT THE H***.

Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 PM

I took some friends out for a joy ride and one of their buddies jumped in. When he got out he just kept saying I didn't know those trucks could do that
Old 06-20-2006, 01:33 AM

hahahaha, no one wants to cruise next to me on the freeway! going about 35 in town I came up on a rice rocket that had the 5" A-pillar tach and a bunch of other obnoxious bolt on stuff, drove next to him for a second and then dropped it to second and feathered the throttle a few times, he backed waaaay off, it was disappointing. I suppose the sound may be intimidating when the bottom of the downpipe is about ear level to them getting quite a few looks, it's great. police free so far, I imagine I'll be getting at least pulled over, maybe a fix-it ticket if I get on it too much. It's such a beautiful sound, I don't know how people don't appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Banned

a guy at a jobsite i was at last friday asked me "what i did to make my truck sound like a freight train?" i said it not that loud! as i laughed and drove off! i guess its time to put the muffler back on! my neighbor keeps whining i wake him up in the morning. good idea not to p/off the sheriff officer/neighbor!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:37 AM

The cranky old man from the end of my street told me I drive too fast and my truck is too loud this weekend. He lives right by the stop sign. How am I gonna speed at the stop sign? He hears me pulling out towing the bobcat is all. He's really gonna love my exhaust brake! Cranky old goat.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:23 AM

Besides soot all over the undercharriage is there anything you have to worry about just running a downpipe?

So far the stack drone is loud enough for me at 70-75mph, I dont think I could take just the downpipe right underneath the floor, but it does sound pretty cool....
Old 06-20-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jon96ctd
the scream of an angry tractor is heard by EVERYONE within a half mile radius when I romp on the throttle! .

A LOOOT more then 1/2 mile radious! beliewve me, I have heard cummins racing over 2 km when i was inside of my bed at 12:00 at night... later found out it was my cousin
Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 AM

This has now inspired me to cut out the muffler on my truck. My 92 was stright piped so my 99 must now to be strightened up. Its just a flow through muffler so if should help out a bit. I still cant decide on exiting out before the rear tire or keep it behind. argggg......

jiMMy
Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 AM

i have straight pipe out the stacks and its not all that loud.. i used stainless steel flex pipe from the downpipe to the stacks and when im not driving on the street and i go to the track i unbolt the flex pipe all but about 5 mins and i gain a lot of spool up responce....
Old 06-20-2006, 06:48 PM

as for routing I definitely do not want mine back behind the wheel again, it just got in the way too many times. and it'd be easier for me to make my own pipe turn out in front then to go over the axle. I'll probably leave it straight piped, I don't mind the downpipe only sound but it'd be a little hard on my head if I drove more than an hour one way anywhere the way it is now.

I guess it's good to not tick off the neighbor that's a cop but seriously, he's got to be one of the stereotype uptight ones. all the cops I'm friends with have loud, fast bikes, cars or trucks.

I never knew 'she thinks my tractor's sexy' and joe diffy's 'pickup man' could be applied to the same truck. just had a car full of girls hollerin' at me last night. 3 were hot, the other two brought the overall average back to below satisfactory. haven't gotten the hangin' out the window hollerin' attention since I drove the '56!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:16 PM

I have a 4'' straight pipe on mine and can't really tell it's that loud in the cab but everybody tells me it's insane, cranky ***** across the street told me I wake her up every morning at 5 and to get my truck fixed because her husbands diesel isn't that loud.(chevy 6.5) Is it illegal for it to be straight piped because I can see her calling the cops.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by S.Dodge
Is it illegal for it to be straight piped because I can see her calling the cops.
Ya pretty sure it is illegal in most states

I've got a 4" downpipe, then 5" straight piped to the back.
Soon to be 5" curved top stacks
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM

Not here in SC, I even checked the laws. And it is not illegal in many other states. Somehow the laws change with a diesel compared to a gasser. And by the way they are called turn out stacks.
Originally Posted by budd
Ya pretty sure it is illegal in most states

I've got a 4" downpipe, then 5" straight piped to the back.
Soon to be 5" curved top stacks
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jon96ctd
I never knew 'she thinks my tractor's sexy' and joe diffy's 'pickup man' could be applied to the same truck. just had a car full of girls hollerin' at me last night. 3 were hot, the other two brought the overall average back to below satisfactory. haven't gotten the hangin' out the window hollerin' attention since I drove the '56!
I had two hot girls in an xterra get up next to me and start waving and screwing with me. Then I had a couple of hot girls in a jetta do the same thing except this set started taking pictures of the truck. Of course my hand accidentally slipped down to the comp and my foot accidentally got a little heavier as they took a pic of the back of the truck.

Quick Reply: angry tractor sound! :D