Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Amazing transmission story

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for keeping up the DTT tradition!

LaserBob
Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Dave is the man

Purchased a new transmission and tourque converter from Dave around Christmas and the installer called Dave complaining of a Bad vibration after the install. Dave very quickly sent a new converter as no one could pin point the problem and Dave wanted to step up and get his customer happy. Turned out I had a bent flexplate and Dave's transmission was fine. Dave never grumbled about freight etc. In fact he had originally offered to pay for the R&R for the second and third times. All squared away and Dave was genuinely concerned that I was happy with my transmission. I am sure other vendors have very happy customers and even build great transmissions but I will not consider using them as Goerend Brothers is the only one on my list. Customer service way exceeds anything anyone could resonably expect and the product is first rate as well, let's not forget that. Can not imagine a better transmission for my application.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:41 PM

Re: Dave is the man

Originally posted by Raw power
Purchased a new transmission and tourque converter from Dave around Christmas and the installer called Dave complaining of a Bad vibration after the install. Dave very quickly sent a new converter as no one could pin point the problem and Dave wanted to step up and get his customer happy. Turned out I had a bent flexplate and Dave's transmission was fine. Dave never grumbled about freight etc. In fact he had originally offered to pay for the R&R for the second and third times. All squared away and Dave was genuinely concerned that I was happy with my transmission. I am sure other vendors have very happy customers and even build great transmissions but I will not consider using them as Goerend Brothers is the only one on my list. Customer service way exceeds anything anyone could resonably expect and the product is first rate as well, let's not forget that. Can not imagine a better transmission for my application.
Customer service that exceeds anything anyone could resonably expect will make a loyal customer EVERYTIME. Seems dodge dealers could learn from this
Old 03-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned

You guys really do not know how lucky you are. I went with another company a few years ago and their idea of customer service was for me to spend another $1,600.00 to fix their problem, after using me to R&d their product and delivering 4 months of grief.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 PM

Talking Georend Transmission Contact Information

I need Dave's number or website. It looks like there is only one choice for premium performance Mopar automatics!!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

You can't go wrong with either of those guys. I've dealt with chris personally (he installed my DTT VB) and he was a great guy. I've talked with Goerend's before and he let me bug him for an hour even after he was closed. Never dealt with joe but I've heard nothing but good things. All in all, I can't wait to get my new tranny. I know that one way or another I'll be happy. How a company treats a customer goes a very long way in my book.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by clarkoh
I need Dave's number or website. It looks like there is only one choice for premium preformance Mopar automatics!!
www.gbtransmissions.com Dave is an awsome guy. He took care of us wonderfully to. And you can see in my sig what his products can take.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:54 PM

Dave is the man. I dont know how he does it but he rules. I bought a trans off him, stuck my truck in the mud(pic in gallery) flooded trans with water. I called dave the moment i knew water was in it a he told me what to do. I took all the steps to save it but 3 months down the road it blew up. he sent me a new one for shipping cost.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselrob
Dave is the man..
sounds like i will have to go with an automatic for bombing, He sounds fantastic, that already makes me scared to give him a call...
why bother such good ppl, with such silly questions?

congrats on your all customer svice!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Kudos to Dave...'nuff said!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
JKM

Dave called me way up here in Canada when i have having lockup problems , and he had no idea who i was , i sent him an e-mail saying i was interested in buying a converter from him, and instead of calling me to sell me one , he called to help me troubleshoot the trans... I never did get a price from him , but i should have , because i ended up with a new converter, and i am not happy with it... I'll be purchasing a triple disk from him this fall.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 AM

I too will be on the Goerend Brothers transmission list shortly. I pull heavy and my tranny hates me. Dave returned my call at around 7:00 one night, checked stock, and let me know when one would be ready. He also spent the time to fax a list of local installers so I could check them out on price and when they could do it.

I wish I could wait to let him do the install but his install workload is about 2 weeks. I would certainly drive the 900+ miles to meet the man.

Chris
Old 04-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Banned

these trucks bring out the best in everyone!

I'm having Dave build me a full billet tranny later this year
Old 04-16-2006, 09:25 AM

Dave is top knotch in customer service..
When he built my transmission, I had him install the "orange spring" from a 24V in an attempt to get a higher shift point (a member from TDR had good luck with it)

Anyways, the setup didn't work out for my uses (TV cable couldn't be run very tight) , and we were having some possibly "TPS related problems" so I drove down the 5 hours again on a Tuesday (very short notice as I'd only talked to him about the problems the week before)

I showed up in St. Lucas at 1PM Tuesday. We dropped the valve body, installed the "brown spring" he usually uses and tightened the TV to MAX, he also took a lot of time tweaking with the TPS and test driving with me. Finally we put in a lockup switch. All of this with no charge and I drove home the same night!

Friday night I ran a best of 13.654@97MPH in the 1/4!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:11 PM

YEP! you all know were I stand with Daves work!!!
to contact dave Goerend and Goerend bro transmissions PM me for his phone ##
because of bad mojo from supporting vendors, I cannot post his # here!.......
.................................................. ...............
But thats soon gonna change!!lol

Quick Reply: Amazing transmission story